55. Comfort

Meera was in the closet changing for her night routine. She stood in front of the mirror looked at the hickey on her neck and blushed. She removed her shirt and traced the purplish marks while a sweet smile formed on her face tinting her cheeks red remembering him teaching her how to make a hickey.

She was shy at first but he made sure to teach her properly, he even let her practice on his body. Meera blushed thinking about the situation.

Her long slender fingers traced the mark slowly and she slightly hissed at the sweet excruciating pain. She remembered her husband's face and she covered her face getting shy. She remembered his words and covered her face. She was living the moment when her phone pinged.

She took her phone and opened it to see a friend request on her Instagram from an unknown ID. On being curious she opened the ID only to see the face of Ravi Sharma and before she could swipe back, she saw a face.

She quickly opened the picture and saw Arjun Kaushik and Ravi Sharma with a caption of #brothers. Tears gathered in her eyes on seeing the man who spoiled her past with the man who is tormenting her present.

Seeing the smile on his face Meera remembered some moments from the past and tears of pain and betrayal gathered in her eyes.

"Gosh girl, blood is flowing out of it and you are saying it's fine."

"That girl is a simp for you."

"I am asking something damn it" He shouted holding her arms tightly and pulling her towards him.

"It's a matter of 10,000 rs ."

"Girls like you don't even deserve to breathe in the same air as me."

"Who the hell in the world would be interested in you"

He slapped her on her face.

"Look guys, innocent face and but a whore in reality."

Meera came out of her thoughts and looked at herself and suddenly she felt disgusted on seeing herself. She looked at all the flaws of her body and put on the shirt.

She went out of the closet and saw her husband lying on the bed with some paper in his hand.

Suddenly, she felt overwhelmed with all the emotions. She wanted comfort. She wanted someone to tell her that she was worthy and the only hope she had was her husband.

She walked towards him and took the paper from his hand shocking him. He looked at her with confused eyes. But soon he saw her coming over him and hugging him. Aashrit was shocked to see her like this.

She lay on him putting her head on his chest and her legs on his legs while Aashrit's hand went around her waist securing her in the position.

"Please hug me," She said with a heavy voice and soon a teardrop touched Aashrit's neck.

He tried to pull out of the hug to look at her but Meera spoke "Please Aashrit ji. Please hug me".

Aashrit didn't understand what happened to her but he was ready to protect her from anything. He tightly hugged her and kissed her head while saying some sweet nothings in her ear.

There was no voice heard but Aashrit was finding his neck getting wet with the tears dropping from her eyes. He hugged her tightly with one hand and caressed her hair with the other.

"Are you hurt, baby?" Aashrit asked in a soft voice.

Meera shook her head in no.

"Did someone say something to you?"

She again shook her head in no.

"Then what happened bacha? Please tell me. I promise I'll sort it out." He said in a desperate voice wanting to take away her pain and give her the comfort she needed.

"No one can sort it out Aashrit jii. What's done is done!!!!"

His hands stopped listening to her. He felt a weird kind of pain every time he saw her going through something hard.

"Don't you trust me?"

"I do but........." she went silent not knowing what to say next.

She lifted her head and looked at him. On seeing her red eyes with tears still there, Aashrit's breath stopped. He felt it hard to breathe on seeing those tears. Although he feels happy that Meera is comfortable enough to share her emotions in front of him he hates those tears, he feels like burning the world down for making her cry.

His hands went to her cheeks and wiped the tears cupping her face and he lightly pecked her lips. And once again Meera felt losing herself in the importance he was giving her.

"I feel worthless Aashrit ji. I feel I don't deserve you. You are so handsome, so classy, so hard working, such a good king but I am nothing. I am neither beautiful enough to match your looks, nor did I achieve something in life to stand beside you, I don't know how to dress or talk, I might make you someday, but I can't be a good queen. And now while telling you I am feeling like I am seeking your attention again." She said with sobs

Aashrit listened to her carefully and wiped her tears.

"Is that all?" He asked

Meera nodded.

"You are just a 26-year-old girl and doing your postgraduate so it's enough for your age to even reach there, And about class, baby you are more classy than any girl I have ever seen. You are exactly what I wanted in my life, A mix of traditional beauty and modern thoughts. And trust me when I say that you are the best queen my kingdom could ever get, A queen with emotions, her struggle, with a practical approach towards life, a woman of few words but a strong one." He said and raised his brows "Are you getting my words?" He asked and Meera nodded in a positive response feeling how beautiful your praise sounds to your ear and how it heals a broken part of your heart with just words, words filled with love.

Aashrit turned their position making Meera lie on her back while he hovered over her "And about you being beautiful. Bacha trust me when I say you are the most beautiful woman of my life. When you put a bindi and kajal in your eyes, I feel like to make you sit in front of me and just keep looking at you the whole day; Or when you put a dupatta over your head and a small lock of your hair kiss your cheeks and forehead, it makes you look like a girl straight out of my books; And when you smile, I always miss a beat of my heart; You don't know when you wear saree and your collarbone peeks from there, it makes me hard and I wonder if that small part of your body is doing this to me what will happen to my poor junior when I'll explore this whole beauty ." He said winking at the end.

Meera didn't realize when her tears were replaced with a blush and a small smile on her face. She even forgot the reason she was crying and only remembered his words and how his hands were caressing his body. She felt proud of him. No matter what happened he never tried to take advantage of her emotionally weak stage or ever put the rights of her husband and asked her to act according to him.

She loves how he is always there to calm her when her mind starts overthinking.

She didn't even realize and some words left her mouth " I think I am falling for you" She said looking at his eyes and making a shock pass through his eyes but soon composed himself.

Meera also realized her words but she didn't regret them.

"I'll wait for the day when you'll be sure about your feelings," He said and kissed her cheeks proceeding to her forehead and then her lips.

______

SPREAD LOVE AND HAPPINESS ❤️.