41. 1st Date

_________

A bike stopped in front of Meera making her step back, clutch her pendant.She looked at the man with scared eyes and raging breath.

The man signaled for her to sit on the bike while she was just perplexed with the situation. When she didn't move, the man removed her helmet and looked at her.

Aashrit was there sitting on a Royal Enfield bike in a black shirt and pants with a leather jacket over it and gloves in his hand, looking at her raising his brows.

He looked so serene in her eyes that she couldn't move her eyes. He looked exactly like the man she had always imagined riding a bike with.

" Thank you Bulbul for looking at me like this and making me feel proud," Aashrit said making Meera come out of her thoughts.

Meera blushed at his statement but soon remembered his actions and looked at him with accusing eyes complaining to him for scaring her while sitting on the   bike. She reached her hand at the back to hold onto something but there was nothing and she was scared of holding him so she put her hand on her legs.

As Aashrit started the bike, Meera got startled and put her one hand on his shoulder and held tightly.

She quickly removed her hand as she composed herself and put her hand on her legs. Aashrit looked at her through the mirror and held her one hand in his and put it on his shoulder from behind. Meera was startled by his action.

"I don't like to ride slowly, and I don't want you to get hurt so you better hold me tightly bulbul," Aashrit said.

Meera held her other hand up to hold him but stopped again.

"I am not ticklish bulbul, you can hold me" Aashrit chuckled giving Meera some comfort and she held both his shoulders.

"Bulbul?" She finally uttered out after being confused for so long.

Aashrit looked at her through the mirror "Yeah you are my bulbul. Whenever you speak, it always reminds me of that small bird who sounds so sweet to the ear." He said making Meera blush and silent also.

Meera loves bike rides and it was a dream come true for her.

"Is it safe?"Meera spoke unknowingly.

"I am pro at bike riding even though I don't do it much," Aashrit said sounding offended.

Meera giggled which made Aashrit look at her through the mirror and smile at her.

"You ride a bike without any security. Is it safe? What if someone saw you?"

"Oh !!!! don't worry. Our guards are there but at a safe distance." Aashrit assured her.

" But how come you are here that too on a bike," Meera asked confused.

Aaashrit looked at her curious yet confused expression through the mirror " Well once during our night talk session, my wife  told me that she loves bike ride and what type of husband won't fulfill their wife's wishes." He said looking at her while Meera smiled " And also I need to make my wife fall for me too." He completed and noticed her smiling and blushing at his statement but didn't say a word.

Meera was happy, she was happy after a long time feeling the emotions she hid deep somewhere. She was free. She wasn't bound by any clutches. As the air was cutting with the high speed of the bike she was feeling as if she was a bird flying high up in the sky without any fear of her wings getting cut by someone. She closed her eyes and took a puff of air letting it settle in her gut through her mouth and filling her with coolness deep inside. Her body shivered with excitement and happiness while a big smile was intact on her face.