25. Dadu!!!!!!

Although the target isn't completed but I just can't ignore your requests. I am updating this chapter because of your requests.

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO VOTE.
______________________

Aashrit was sitting outside on the balcony thinking about the situation he had put himself into or his heart put him into. He took a big puff of a cigarette and looked at the sky.

His mind was juggling with the thoughts. Some moments ago Abhishek came and told him how Meera was waiting for him. 

He was slowly falling for her and he knew it but he was not ready to embrace this fact. He didn't know what to do with these feelings, his feelings were also not in control. He never felt such things for anyone. Many girls tried to impress him but no one caught his attention. But his wife didn't do anything, apart from existing in his life, she did nothing special still he craved for her. He wants to know her, he wants to spend time with her but he doesn't know how to take the next step in life. After telling her that he is not interested in this marriage, he doesn't know with what dignity he would go to her and tell her that he wants to be her husband not just a legal one but a real one.

His attention shifted as he heard a cough. He looked at the door of the balcony and saw Meera standing there with a scrunched nose and her hand over her mouth. His eyes stuck to her face which looked much more beautiful to him in the moonlight. Her presence was enough to race his heart. And that's what was happening again with him, his heart was racing. He wanted to move his eyes from her but they were not in his control.

He looked at the unimpressed look on her face and understood her. He threw his cigarette down and crushed it with his feet.

"Aap yaha?" He asked (You here?)

" Ha . .... Wo ..... sorry ....." Meera said and turned to go back.

Aashrit looked at the laptop and a cup in her hand.

"Rukiye Meera." Aashrit said moving towards her but stopping at a distance remembering he must be reeking of cigarettes and she clearly didn't like them "You do your work here. I'll be going to meet Dadu." He said and left.

Meera looked at his back and smiled on seeing him leaving " So I don't need to talk much. He can understand by observing the situation. I can spend my life with such a man, not a big deal." She thought and sat on the chair opening her laptop to do her work.

Aashrit knocked at his Dadu's room and entered inside only to find him reading Shiv Puran. As Pratap saw his grandson, he put the holy book aside and called him to sit beside him.

Aashrit went and lay down in his lap. Pratap Singh was shocked seeing a distressed look on his face.

"What happened Ashu?" He asked

"I don't know dadu. I want something but I already lost it even before knowing it well." He said not able to tell him about his exact feelings.

"Is it about Meera?" Pratap Singh asked directly.

Aashrit closed his eyes " I am falling for her dadu."

"And what's wrong with that?"

" I am an emotionless creature dadu. I won't be able to love her. I don't know how I'll behave in love. I never loved anybody. I never even looked at a girl with such intention let alone falling for them." He said some hidden feelings out loud.

" then try it now. It's still not late."

" What if I couldn't fulfill her expectations." He asked

" Then let it be. Love has no boundation. You won't always be happy but you will be together in sadness, happiness, and everything. You are a human and you could never fulfill everyone's expectations, what makes love so special is your try. Your desire of trying to fulfill the expectation of your loved one." Pratap Singh said

"But when we met for the first time, I told her that this is a marriage of convenience," Aashrit told him

" Then now tell her that you regret. You regret what you said. Tell her you want to change the dynamics of your relationship."

"What if she rejected me?"

" Then give her time. Give her time as much as she needs. Prove to her that you are worth it. You are worth her feeling, her time, her love." Pratap Singh said.

Aashrit sat up and looked at his dadu with admiration "Thank you dadu."

Pratap Singh laughed out loud " Remember Love doesn't work just by words but show them by your actions. Prove them every minute of your love even when they are not asking for it."

Aashrit nodded like a little child.

"Now go to your room. I am sleepy now." Pratap Singh said and Aashirt stood up tucking his grandfather and left saying a good night.

As Aashrit reached his room, he found Meera already asleep. He also lay down beside her and slept holding her hand.

Next day

Meera was in her class when her phone rang. She looked at the phone and saw Shivansh's name displayed there. She cut his call and focused on her lecture.

Soon enough the HOD of her department came to their class.

"Miss Meera, please collect your bag and come with me," HOD said and left.

Meera looked around on seeing everyone looking at her and quickly packed her bag leaving the classes while telling Kavya that she'd call her.

As Meera reached outside, she saw Shivansh and Adwait talking with HOD there. On seeing her there, HOD took leave while Adwait took her bag and Shivansh held her hand.

"Don't tell me bhaiya you involve HOD in all this just for a bunk," Meera said as she followed him to the car.

As they settled in the car, Shivansh hugged her shocking Meera. She tried to look at his face but soon she felt something wet on her shoulder and a hiccup heard.

"Bhaiya, Are you crying?" She said trying to move him but he tightly held her as he cried.

Meera's hand reached his hair and she lightly caressed them and looked in the mirror to look at Adwait.

"At least tell me bhaiya, please. I am having anxiety please." She said caressing his back.

"Dadu..........." He said and Meera'a's hand stopped.

"What happened to Dadu." She asked and Shivansh moved back wiping his tears.

"I got a call from Bhai. He said that dadu.......... Dadu is no more." Shivansh said.

Meera was shocked on hearing this and the only thing she could think about right now was Aashrit. She wanted to reach home as soon as possible. Aashrit was so close to his daadu. She didn't know how must be coping with all this. She wants to be there, with him. She wants to be close to him when he needs he the most.

Meer looked at Shiv and hugged him "It's fine bhaiya. We will be reaching home soon." She said trying to calm him.

As they reached home, they saw their house filled with people. Both Meera and Shivansh tore the crowd and reached inside and saw the lifeless body of Pratap Singh Yduvanshi lying there while people crying. Meera's eyes searched for Aashrit and she found him sitting there talking with people who were visiting the lifeless body of Pratap Singh Yaduvanshi for the last time. Their eyes met and Aashrit averted his eyes.

Meera looked at the other side and found her mamma, Choti maa, and Revati crying. Anika was consoling Revati and Meera's feet moved towards Rashmi. She hugged Rashmi as later one cried. Meeera's throat clogged on seeing everyone mourning for the loss of a great person. Emotions were taking a toll on he but tears were not leaving her eyes.

She consoled everyone in her family but couldn't express her emotions. Emotions were leaving her face and body. She also wanted to cry in someone's arms but right now she knew they needed her more. And she consoled them.

As the men were lifting the body of Pratap Singh Yaduvanshi, Meera took a last look at the man who changed her life for good.

For the last time, she touched his feet and thanked him for blessing her with this family.

________

HINT: THEIR ROMANCE WILL START TO BLOOM SOON.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.