26. His cold facade

Happy Diwali. It's such a coincidence that I am posting this chapter today on such auspicious day.
This chapter is dedicated to men of our society. Although I don't know if I have any male reader but if not then girls this is for your future partner.
And if I have any male reader , please grace us with your presence 🙏🙏.

___________

It's been 12 days since Pratap  Singh Yaduvanshi left to heaven. Meera looked at Aashrit who was keeping himself busy with all the procession around him. Not once did he sit with anyone or shed a drop of tears. Everyone knew how attached he was to his grandfather. Even when he denied marriage, it was only his Dadu's order that he got married.

Meera looked at Revati and Shivansh who were sleeping in her lap with tear-stricken faces. Then she looked at Abhishek who had red eyes due to crying.

Every relative has gone home except their dadi bua who would be leaving tomorrow early morning.

At first Meera thought that Aashrit wasn't crying in front of many people but he would let his emotions out once relatives left and only her family would be there but that didn't happen. She would always look at his eyes whenever he went by her or was present in the same room but not for once she saw his eyes red or swollen due to crying as Abhishek would usually have. She was so engrossed in her thoughts when she heard some talk around her.

Rashmi's eyes filled with tears "I don't know how he is controlling his emotions."

Darsh put a hand on her shoulder "He is strong Bhabhi. He would overcome it."

Meera looked up and saw Aashrit entering the hall with his father and sat with the family.

Dadi Bua sat beside them and put a hand on his head "He is the king of this kingdom. He is no ordinary person so he doesn't need to cry. It won't suit him" Dadi Bua said caressing his head to which Aashrit just nodded.

"He is way too strong to shed tears," Darsh said

But someone specific didn't agree with their words who was none other than the wife of the man they all were talking about but she kept mum not finding it right to invade the conversation of the elders. She knew that they might not be understanding the effect of their words.

Aashrit took leave from the hall after some minutes. Everyone sat there for some minutes but one after another everyone left. Rashmi woke up Revati and Shivansh asking them to go to their room.

Meera went to the kitchen and put some milk on the stove while stirring some coffee in a mug, thinking about Aashrit all the time. She was thinking about his emotions. She saw how much he was attached to his grandfather. The look of disaster she saw on his face when they heard about their grandfather's loss. She saw the proud and stoic look he always carried on his face fading away when their grandfather was being tied for last rites. If he had no emotions attached then she might not be worried about his emotionless state but she knew that he loved him.

Her thoughts came to a halt when milk almost started boiling. She turned the stove off and poured the milk into the mug with coffee. She put both the cups in the tray and left for her room.

When she reached her room, she saw Aashrit typing profusely on his laptop. She went near him and put the tray beside his table. As she turned back, she peaked at the screen and found him writing some incoherent words. She knew he had no interest in doing any work but just did not want to show himself weak in front of her.

She stood beside him and called him "Aashrit ji"

He looked at her with some confusion because this was one of the few times, she came to talk to him or else it was mostly silence between them. He looked at her and raised his brows.