40. Her feelings

_________

NEXT MORNING

Meera opened her eyes after a satisfying sleep. She turned back to look at Aashrit but he was not there like always and she knew where he would be this time.

And she lied straight on the bed looking at the ceiling reminiscing last night memories. A blush coated her cheeks on remembering his words, his proposal and her heart raced but then suddenly a wave of negative emotions hit her. Her mind started overthinking giving her all the thoughts which weren't supposed to be there at first place.

She suddenly remembered some words from her past

"This acne scars on your face, this chubby fat on your body, the lack of confidence, no personality. Who would look at you and let alone love you?"

Meera's insecurities started taking toll on her.

Why would he love me? He is so handsome and have such a nice personality while I have neither the look nor personality. And even if he fell for me, for how long would he love me? Won't he fall for someone else? What if he found someone better? What if he is proposing me just because he doesn't have any other option? What if he got tired of my introverted nature? What if he didn't like my silence?

Her thoughts were running wild when suddenly a voice caught her attention.

"Meera?"

Meera looked up only to find Aashrit standing there with a confused expression.

"Are you feeling fine?" He said coming near her .

He was wearing a sleeveless black t-shirt and shorts which were clearly showing his quads and calves making Meera gulped hard as they flexed on his movement. Her eyes followed his steps as they reached near her and those muscles were just a touch away from her.

Aashrit put his hand on her forehead worried about her health.

Meera looked up at his biceps crushing as he held his hand to put on her forehead. His chisveled hardened chest was peeking from the t shirt. Meera suddenly felt hot in his presence not being able to handle the athletic body of her husband.

" You are literally sweating." He asked worried breaking Meera's trance.

She looked at his face which was concerned for her. It wasn't a fake concern nor a forced one. It was genuine and Meera's heart melted.

"I am fine." She said moving his hand and stood up to escape the situation.

As she was moving away, Aashrit hold her hand and pulled her back. He put his hand over her waist and her hands landed on his chest.

"Aashrit ji." She shrieked.

"Are you ignoring me?" He asked with squinted brows.

Meera furrowed her brows not understanding his words.

"Look Meera, even if you ignore me, I won't ever regret my proposal." He said in a low voice .

Meera's eyes widened on hearing him .

"Baby look, I am not forcing you for reciprocating my feelings but please do not ignore me." He said moving towards her face and their noses almost touched. "If you would ask me to stay away from you, I would even do that for happiness but don't ignore me. Please."

Meera felt bad seeing him so vulnerable and put her hand on his cheeks "I was not ignoring you. And I am not pushing you away from me." She said and tiptoed " I also wants to give our relationship a chance but........" and she went silent.

She looked at his eyes and found the solitude inn them " I need time. I need time to accept these new changes." She said and her lips rested on his cheeks.