37. His to adorn

KUCH LOGO K REPLIES RHTE H , TOH THODA SA PATIENCE. I'LL REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE ONE .

OR AGR GLTI SE KOI RH JAYE TO JUST DM ME.

__________

Aashrit was looking at his wife getting ready for college. After taking leave for so many days, she finally started college and there's a weird thing he noticed about her.

He thinned his brows seeing her tying her hair in a messy bun making him stoppl wearing his tie. 

"Why do you go like this to college?" He said standing behind her and looking at her in the mirror.

She looked at him and their eyes locked in the mirror. She noticed the confused expression on his face "Huh??" She said not understanding him.

"Why don't you do makeup or wear the best clothes to your classes?" He said to her and noticed her expression going down.

Meera felt weird hearing him. She felt hideous. Her throat constricted and she suddenly didn't know what to say.

Aashrit looked at her face and understood that she must have taken his words wrong. He quickly held her hand and made her sit on the chair.

"No.......... Bachha you are taking me wrong." He said in a hurry to stop her from going into overthinking mode and continued "Look at me."

Meera took a deep breath and looked at him "No.. that's fine" she said suppressing her emotions.

"No......It's not. It's not fine. Don't say it's fine if you are not feeling fine OK?" He said but got no response except for a nod.

He took a breath and continued "What I meant to say is that you love to dress up. I mean I saw you getting ready so nicely when you are going out with me or your family. Even when you are at home, you always try to wear the best clothes. Everyone now knows your love for the beautiful clothes and always tidying up your looks ." He continued which made Meera's eyes go wide. She was shocked knowing that he was noticing such small things about her that she might not have noticed. But whatever he said was true.

Aashrit rubbed her hand with his thumb " I am asking you that why it's not the same when you go to your college."

And this sentence of his suddenly made Meera remember some memories she had hidden deep inside.

She remembered those counted moments when she dressed up and went out all alone only to get harassed by some strangers or catcalled or even worse made fun of by people because they didn't understand her fashion. She had no one to protect her and suddenly she made that in her mind that it's better to be hideous which means no one will give her attention, no attention means no catcalling, no harassing, and no touching without her permission.

She looked at Aashrit who was looking at her intently only to hear the reason. She bit her lower lip to control her tongue before it uttered some words that were supposed to stay hidden but his next words broke the wall.

"I am here for you and will always be. Try to trust me and I'll never break that." He said and the wall she built for years to protect herself broke.

She was ready once again to trust someone. The words she always wanted to hear have finally reached her ear. Someone had asked her to trust him after her grandfather and she felt to maybe maybe make a little window in her wall to give her some access, just a little bit.

"I am scared." She uttered out and saw him thinning his brows. "If I am hideous, people will not pay attention to me. If I don't get the attention, I won't be hurt. No one will catcall, No one will touch me without my permission, no one will look at me with dirty intentions, and No one will try to come close to me only to break me later on. " She said with some fear in her heart considering his reaction.