35. Periods

I am giving double update but it doesn't mean you don't vote on the previous chapter. Ok?

And if I got 300 likes on my recent 3 insta reels then there might be a 3rd update.

Insta I'd: icey_vines.

____________

Meera was sleeping soundly when her eyes opened in the middle of the night due to sheer pain in her stomach. She touched her stomach and looked beside her to find Aashrit sleeping hugging her tightly. Meera slowly removed his hand from her waist and stood up from the bed. Aashrit opened his eyes but slept back on seeing her going towards washroom.

She slowly walked towards the bathroom while holding her stomach and turned on the lights of the bathroom and sat on the toilet seat. As she looked down, she was happy to see blood. Being diagnosed with PCOS, her periods had always been irregular which gave her many body issues. While she was happy to see blood, on the other hand, she was sad remembering the pain she would have to go through for the first day of her periods which had already started by the way.

After changing her clothes, Meera came back and lay on the bed with her back straight. A small cry threatened to escape as she felt a hit inside her stomach. She tightly clutched her stomach and turned on one side while pulling her knees to her stomach. The pain was so uncomfortable for her. She was confused about which part of her stomach to press to stop this pain. She shut her eyes tight to distract herself from the pain.

She threw the blanket feeling hot but soon enough covered herself feeling cold. She tossed on the bed from one side to another to find a comfortable spot but found none only to leave her in frustration. She looked at Aashrit lying beside her sleeping soundly which made her angry thinking about him getting his beauty sleep while she was in pain. She wanted to wake him up but she didn't want to spoil his sleep too. As she turned to the other side, a small cry escaped her lips and she quickly covered her mouth looking at Aashrit beside her. And she closed her eyes in frustration as she found him waking up with just a small sound.

Aashrit looked at Meera who was at the other end of the bed with wide eyes and a hand on her mouth.

"Meera." He called her but she didn't reply.

Aashrit forwarded his hand towards her and a small cry left Meera's mouth. Aashrit's eyes opened fully on hearing the cry and he sat up instantly.

" I am sorry. Did I hurt you?" He said in concern.

Meera wanted to sit with him and tell him that everything was fine but her mood swings were taking over. She looked at him with pouted lips which made Aaashirt feel even more guilty.

Meera took a deep breath to control her mood swings "It's fine. You didn't hurt me."

"Why are you awake?" He asked her.

Meera didn't know what to say to him and suddenly found herself speechless while the cramps were not helping her much.

She clutched her stomach and heaved a breath, tired of his questions. She didn't want to talk right now. She felt bile rising in her stomach and she ran towards the bathroom while Aashrit ran behind her.

She held the toilet seat to empty her stomach but nothing came out except for the cramps. She holds her stomach with one hand and seat with the other. Her stomach hurt and this feeling of vomiting was frustrating her even more.

Aashrit rubbed her back only for his hand to get removed by Meera. Meera stood up and went to the washbasin to wash her hands and face. Aashrit followed her and once she dried her hand with a towel, Aashrit held her in bridal style and a shriek left her mouth. She looked up at Aashrit and just put her head on his chest tired to walk or even move.