60. Another Cookie

"They are coming in!" Levo calls out and we go running out of the house, dinner long since forgotten about

Today has been one where we have tried to stay busy. I went to the daycare center for this morning and then came back after nap time with Aysun, where we helped Sherry and Fayla bake within Fayla's home. I watched learning but Aysun had fun making cookie cut out shapes with Callie and Sherry.

I see a small group emerge from the tree line first. None of them look familair other than the some of the warriors that went with them.

"Welcome. You will all have a safe place here." Lance greets them as we step up to them.

They nod slowly and then make way to a large group that came to welcome everyone back. It makes my eyes water when I start hearing, 'mate' from several of the pack wolves. They embrace their new mates and it fills me with joy to see others finally getting the love they all deserve and know they will be happy here.

My attention turns back when Lance asks one warrior where the others are.

Cryilla paces in our mind but calms slightly when we see them come from the woodline. My heart drops though when I see them pulling a makeshift bed behind them as they have already shifted back and threw on their clothes.

"Papa!" Aysun screams and bounces beside me. I hold her hand to keep her with me as a hand covers my mouth.

Valin laying on the makeshift bed, passed out with blood covering his body.

"Get him to the infirmary!" Lance calls out and makes it to them as he helps to pick up the bed with other warriors that had gathered behind us to welcome them.

My eyes watch as they race off Valin's body that is way to white as he doesn't even move.

"Sweetheart." Seth's voice sounds as Aysun jerks from my hand and I turn to see her run and launch into his arms. He holds her tight and hugs her while his eyes find mine. "Love." He smiles at me and walks over to where I stand.

Taking in his form, I can tell he is tired but other than a few scraps I don't see any major injuries. It makes me breath a little easier.

Aysun moves onto his hip and he cups my face with one hand before his lips find mine.

"Eww. Cooties." Aysun giggles and makes us break apart with a soft laugh as Seth pulls me into his side opposite from where he holds Aysun.

"What happened?" I ask and Seth tells us what had happened as we walk to the infirmary.

"Magnolia?" I turn and see her after calling her name.

My sister runs up and hugs me tight. "We done it Raine. We took them down." Her eyes fill with tears as mine burn with unshed tears. "It is over finally. We no longer have to look over our shoulder."

"We can finally be happy all together." Ethan sighs and then hugs Magnolia to him once she lets me go.

Making it to the infirmary, we all wait on news on Valin. Everyone goes over what happened with the ones of us that stayed here.