9. Work It

Breakfast is I swear the best I have ever had

Breakfast is I swear the best I have ever had. Luna Fayla, shown us here and it was midmorning so she ended up cooking some pancakes for us instead of leftovers. Those pancakes should be illegal with how tasty they were and staying in this pack is going to make me weigh over a thousand pounds because all the food has been over the top.

"Isn't this unsual?" Magnolia looks to Luna Fayla as she finishes her food.

For once I ate faster than my sister.

"What do you mean dear?" Luna Fayla looks over as she puts some juice away.

"Showing us around and us not being made pack members yet?" Magnolia whispers.

Luna Fayla smiles kindly and leans on the counter in front of us. "Not really, no. I just believe you two belong here and feel as though it will be a perfect fit. Even if some decisions aren't that of the hopes I have, you both will always be welcome here."

I tilt my head. "The hopes?"

Luna Fayla smiles and looks to me. "Yes the hopes. Time will tell if things will feel more at ease for you to be comfortable here and let nature take course for you as the Moon Goddess has planned out."

"Her mate?" Magnolia whisper.

"Yes." Luna Fayla smiles softly.

"I am scared." I whisper out loud but it's so quiet in this part of the pack house I am pretty certain Luna Fayla heard. Magnolia rubs my back lightly, as she knows my fears and has told me to go for it already.

Luna Fayla reaches out and places her hand on mine. "We all have moments when we are scared. Fears have a right to take part in decision making, but we can't let them stop us. If we let them take part in the majority of deciding then we don't know what we may miss out on."

I slowly nod and my eyes get a little misty. It has been so very long since I have had such a caring, loving person like this towards me other than my sister. The feeling seems foreign while I keep wanting it more all at the same time. In a way, I can't remember Ceclis, or my mother, being like this towards me at any point from a feeling that sweeps through me.

"I can answer any questions you have on mates but I can tell you that most will never hurt you intentionally." She smiles.

"I thought mates couldn't hurt you at all from the books we read growing up about us wolves." Magnolia tilts her head in confusion.

"There are books! Wow, that would have made learning a bit easier in a way." Luna Fayla shakes her head with a laugh. "Excuse me. I was new to all of this not to long ago really barely ten years of learning but my son shifted young I just didn't know about actual wolves spirits and such."

I try to be nice but discreet as I take a whiff of her scent.

"I am human." She smiles laughing at me as I feel my cheeks blush.

"Sorry." I mumble as Magnolia snickers.

"No need to be." Luna Fayla smiles. "Mates can hurt in the sense of emotional wise or so that was in my case. Lance is my second chance mate and Valin was my first."

What! What?

Luna Fayla tells us about her past and it makes me happy that she is happy now.

"So your son is?" Magnolia glances at me.

"Seth the Beta in training." Luna Fayla smiles.

My heart patters hearing his name. The bond tugging at me even more. I know I wanted to give this a shot but I have to get over being scared. Could Seth really be as kind as his mom or is he more fearless like Valin seems to be? So far I get the feeling he is a mix of both but maybe moreso like his mom. Now I get why both the Alpha and Beta said their son, but at least they coparent well from what it sounded like from Luna Fayla.

A small group of kids run by and seem to be covered in mud.

"Excuse me." Luna Fayla quickly moves to the door. "Callie!"

A young girl stops and looks over to where Luna Fayla stands.

"What are you doing now?" Luna Fayla asks as Callie walks up. She is the perfect mix of Luna Fayla and Alpha Lance.

"It wasn't my fault this time." Callie whines.

"I didn't ask that, only what you are doing." Luna Fayla sighs.

"I was stopping a fight between two girls and the best solution was to push one into the mud."

I cover my mouth to stiffle a laugh as Magnolia does the same. Luna Fayla turns to glance at us once and coughs herself.

"Why was that the best solution?" She asks Callie.

"Because she was taunting little Sarah and calling her names. All because the shirt Sarah had on was dirty from where she fell down and it isn't her fault there was a rock as large as her foot that she didn't see. So because the other one wasn't nice and wouldn't stop going on about Sarah's shirt being dirty I figured make her dirty or even worse so that she had no room to talk since she didn't want to listen to us talking to her telling her it wasn't nice or what had actually happened, plus I couldn't find an adult." Callie talks quickly.

"I will speak with the others and make sure no one is taunted again." Luna Fayla wipes some mud off Callie's face. "But that doesn't mean we push people over into the mud. That is not the best problem solving either, okay? I know you are protective over the others but that isn't how a young Alpha to be is to act either."

"It was more fun pushing her though." Callie mumbles.

"Run along now and get cleaned up. I will be home soon."

"But can't I play? I am already dirty." Callie rolls her eyes before begging.

Work it girl! Cryilla snickers in my mind.

"Fine. I want you home by dinner time though." Luna Fayla gives in.

I watch Callie run off and can't hold in my laughter.

"She is just like her father." Luna Fayla shakes her head laughing herself. "Now would you ladies like a tour?"

"Sounds perfect." I smile as Magnolia and I speak together.