30. Two

"You see right at a decade ago our leader took in a some kids there were promised to us two decades prior

"You see right at a decade ago our leader took in a some kids there were promised to us two decades prior. Well he was nice and let the kids be for a while longer but it was best they came here before memories were to much that our witch couldn't hide the memories. Now they are gone makes it hard because the witch can't control them so their memories will slowly return especially if they were to eat any form of salmon." He pauses to shake his head while in thought.

"More less they were to be here because of the simplest of things, they were bred for us. Our witch helped to make their biological parents fertile and in which we were to get per agreement since parents were rogues themselves and trespassed, made things perfect for us as we have a ritual that must be done within less than a years time now as it stands."

"Which ritual?" I question.

"What do you mean?" The man looks to me.

"Bruin's have multiple ones so I am curious as to which one." I state. Honestly I am pulling it out of my backside but most of the time it is never just one ritual.

The man smirks. "I knew I was right."

Manto and I exchange small looks while the man had his eyes closed and clapping at me.

"Clever. The only one we are concerned with is the largest of them all and must be done this year as it is the two hundred year marking of our sleuth here in which case means we must sacrifice to keep our pack here for another two hundred years or we will to be cursed by the witches. Our anciestories drove wolves out of this section to protect the witches and in return we get to stay here but if we don't complete the sacrifice we loose this land and every bear here cursed to a painful death. In which case is why we are working hard to track down our runaways because we got the other two here and kept safe but we must get the oldest two that heard part of what was happening from what one maid explained while cleaning the hall the night before they ran had heard."

The link is pushing once more as I am listening. I turn my head to get a drink as I open the link quickly.

'Will link back once able urgently listening to this.' I inform Lance.

He replies with 'Good.' I cut the link and stop drinking on this overly thick shake, could use some more milk to soften it or something.

"So where will we come in with all of this?" Manto asks just as I turn my head back.

The man looks between us. "You two will be hunters for us in return you will get paid as you call and tell us where you are every couple days to where we will send money to the closest store with your names. We need more hunters as the ones we have are incompentant since they can't even trace the trail anymore of the two wolves."

Manto hums. "So we go out find them and bring them here?"

"That would be the best job we can give right now as it is the area where we need more bruin at. You must see how important this is the bruin here." The man's face holds panic for a mere moment before it is gone.

"Alright we will do it but first we need to know the ones you're wanting us to look for. So anything with their photograph and name basic information detail along with the items you have with their scent markers on them." I sit up and lean my arms on the table.

The man gets an over excited look on his face and nods. "Not an issue we can have that for ye in just a short time. First you must come with me to see the leader and then meet the youngest two after them that were to be making up the group needed."

Manto and I stand waiting on the man to make a move. "You want to go now instead of finishing the drink?"

"No time to waste." Manto simply says.

"No. No there isn't." The man gets up and way to excited.

'This is sick as fuck.' Manto links and I agree with him quickly.

'If we can do it safely, I want to pull and take the other two here with us when we make a run for it.'

'Shouldn't be an issue, I got the training and you done most of it too. Heck, you're just as quiet as I am so there is no issue making it happen. Let's see what they have for security first and then second will depend on if these two here know of the truth and if so should make it easy for them to come with us without a fight. That is the only two troubled areas.'

'Something tells me they know. Did you hear how he spoke about the other two here being kept safe?'

'I caught that too so it may be a chance. If not we can sneak in speak with them and tell them the truth let them know we mean no harm and they may come willingly.'

'Either way we do need them out of here.' I reply before we cut the link.

With the walk being silent, I link to inform Lance on everything happening in just this short amount of time. He tells me to go with what Manto and I feel is right to do but to keep him informed when able.

"So this here is our Leader and these is the two we have left that must be kept safe." The man waves a hand once we simply enter into a large house.

There on a large couch sits two men. One looks to be around my age no doubt then the other younger based on looks. Both of their faces went from blank to ones of shock when looking at us and maybe filled with a little hope almost.