4. Lucky Sucker

My feet move but Fido and I don't want to be walking in behind Lance or Valin, we prefer to be with our mate

My feet move but Fido and I don't want to be walking in behind Lance or Valin, we prefer to be with our mate. Preferably even more so her in our arms would be the best thing imaginable.

Seeing her flinch back though. I shake my head ever so lightly. My heart felt as if it is tearing in two.

Raine is scared of us.

My fault. Fido shouldn't have growled. Fido whines in our head.

I don't think that is the reason Fido. She is just scared maybe. You heard like I did, trust is an issue for them fom what Magnolia spoke of. I attempt at reasoning.

Nonetheless it is still painful as the bond twists within my chest seeing her body flinch at my movement. Or how she would advert her gaze rather than look at me when all I could do is stare at her.

Though that probably scared her more it also shown me there was no lies in what they were saying, not unless they are excellent at control because everyone has some sort of tick. Heart rate differences in the slightest, an eye twitch, forming a small amount of sweat, or vein pulsing to hard are all signs of lies but they didn't have anything.

Even when we seen her for the first time, her beauty took my breath away. The long off blonde hair color and curves were perfection. If she would let me I would cherish her daily, wash her body for her so she could just relax in the warm sprays of the water while I massage over her tending to her needs in anyway she may need or want.

Still there was no acceptance out loud from her to proclaim our bond. Nor from me in saying it aloud for the ones around us to hear. Lance and Valin are still the only two know of us being fated mates, both are supportive of it all too.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. The lost feeling is not something I am fond of as more times than not so far in my life I have known what to do or say but now it blanks.

Just outside of the cells, I step over to the side with Lance and Valin. My eyes go right to the hall as Raine is walking out with her sister along with a couple of warriors to the infirmary.  Each movement Raine makes, my eyes follow from how her hands hold onto each other with little bits of hair for her to fiddle with the ends. To her feet that move trying to take assured steps but almost stumbles as her eyes show the most. Those eyes, oh how they hold so much for her emotions, one can easily see the uncertainy but also the exhaustion laying there underneath.

She looks gorgeous now as she is even given the circumstances. I can't wait to see how she looks once rested and bathed. I may end up being a panting dog.

That's offensive you know. We wolf not dog. We don't pant. Fido chides with a slight growling huff within our head.

Okay then smartass. What is it you call it when we get hot after a run and our tongue hangs out of our mouth while in your form as we try to cool off and breathing harshly?