Prologue - Previously

A/N----
This is the chapter that is previously the Epilogue for Mysterious Beginnings. I have brought it here as well for a Prologue in case any readers has not read the book prior. This is the Sequel to Mysterious Beginnings so it may help to read that first to help with any questions about Seth's past and childhood.
Thank you for everyone reading! Hope you enjoy!

"Seth!" I hear my name being called from where I sit in the living room

"Yes Ma?" I answer when I walk around the corner, knowing she will be by the stairs with where her voice sounded from.

Ma turns around and huffs. "Have you seen your sister?"

I chuckle under my breath and shake my head. "No I haven't."

"That girl is always up to something." Ma mumbles and stomps up the stairs.

Callie is definitely the handful out of either of us. I don't remember ever going through the stage of running around like my baby sister is. Not to mention, Callie has so much of Lance in her it isn't even funny. I can tell she will have a strong minded wolf and the perfect attitude to be the future Alpha of this pack.

That is why when Lance had offered to have me train as Alpha two years ago I declined. My baby sister is the rightful Alpha of this pack and Fido even agrees. Callie may only be seven years old now but it is all there in her.

The only time my baby sister isn't moving is when she sleeps or when she knows she has made our Ma mad. Then she pouts and the pouty face eats me up every time. Don't even let the tears start to fall.

Please Moon Goddess! NO Tears! Fido shakes his fur in my mind.

We can't stand seeing our baby sister upset. Honestly, I can't stand to see anyone cry it is horrible. How do you respond to tears? That is what gets me because I have no clue half the time why most seem to cry.

Lance and Uncle Levo tease me about how it is once finding your mate. That's been the new thing the last few months.

Can't wait until we meet mate. Fido hums.

I can't wait for the day we meet our mate. It could happen any time now since we are eighteen or well have been for several months now.

Normally, I would have been able to travel for a little bit to see if she is in neighboring packs. Currently, I am focusing on Beta training the best I can do and there is some issues in other packs with rogues here and there. So it seems best to not travel even though I am not a rogue all packs are on high alert and don't need a foreign wolf's scent in their lands.

I walk back to the living room to pick up the book I was reading. In free time, books are my go to relax time if on my own still. Family time normally involves the tv and even then I may read during a show is running especially if I had seen the show before but I will still watch the best parts.

The front door opens and I hear laughing. I move around to peek around the corner to see Lance holding a squriming Callie. Who is also covered in mud from head to toe.

"Callie!" Ma shouts from the top of the stairs.

Callie instantly stops wiggling in her dads hold and looks up the stairs. Already the pouty face starting.

"What in the world are you doing?" Ma huffs when she gets down the stairs.

Lance done set Callie down on her feet and is trying not to laugh.

"Well I had to show Trance that I could get dirty too! He dared me and I can't ever back down from a dare so easily and I knew it wouldn't get me hurt." Callie explains quickly.

I have to hand it to her. I would've done the same.

"Why does that not surprise me, he is his mothers son." Ma shakes her head.

Trance is the one and only pup that Aunt Sherry and Uncle Levo had.

"You get your butt up to your room to strip and shower now. We have dinner with Auntie in an hour at her house." Ma tells Callie.

"Am I not in trouble?" Callie slowly slinks to the stairs once Ma had moved to stand by Lance.

"We will talk about that later pup." Lance nods to Callie.

She sighs and dashes up the stairs.

I walk up to my room and place my book on the shelf before getting ready to go over to eat at Great Auntie's.

In no time we are all in Ma's car and headed over to have dinner. I love the evenings no matter the busy things we have to do as high rank wolves Lance makes sure we have family time and I love eating Great Auntie's cooking.

Just don't ask me who cooks the best. To hard of a choice and I enjoy it all.

As we are eating, links are sent through the mind link and it should seem there are several rogues passing through our lands.

Lance and I get up from the table and Great Auntie stays with Ma and Callie.

Fido comes up to the front and we shift a moment later once outside. Lance and I take off in the direction the links from warriors state the rogues are around. All in all not to far from Great Auntie's house either.

Just as we get close to the board there are two small mousy type wolves on their stomachs with necks bare in submissive mode.

A scent hits my nose and it makes Fido and I stumble slightly before catching ourself.

Lance shifts and takes shorts from a warrior. "What is your purpose here?"

One of the wolves shift and it is a female. She is not shy in the least but the other wolf stays on the ground in wolf form.

"My sister and I seek shelter." The woman speaks. "We are both of the age of eighteen and come from a pack far from here but we are being hunted. Plus we have information on the rogue issue in these parts."

'Take them to the prisons where we can question them.' Lance links the extra warriors that came up.

They nod and move in on the wolves.

"My warriors are to take you both to the prisons. There we will question you both and should all the answers come true we will set you free. You both will receive a meal once there." Lance informs the rogues.

"Thank you Alpha." The female bows her head once more.

When the warriors walk past us with the rogues. The scent from the female in wolf form hits me stronger and I want to follow and drool all at the same time.

Honey and cinnamon cloud my mind.

One word is all that I can make out as I know Lance is talking but it seems like it is back water. Fido's voice rings loud and clear in our mind.

'MATE!'