13. Smitten

Trying to be brave

Trying to be brave. I must do something to get over my fears because they sounded absolutely ridiculous coming from my mouth as I said them out loud to Seth. So I moved to hold his hand and since then haven't let it go.

No part of me or Cryilla was ready for our time to end with Seth so being brave I agreed to dinner with him and his family.

'Hey. I won't be at the pack house for dinner.' I link Magnolia as Seth walks me to his house.

'Okay. You good?'

'More than good. I am with Seth we been talking all evening and now having dinner with him and his family.'

'Hot damn! Go little sis! Get some nucky nucky while you're at it and get marked because I have seen through the windows to many bitches acting like they are in heat around him while I seen you guys walking but he is so oblivious to it. Truly like him as brother-in-law material he only has eyes for you and been told that from others that know him around here. I made good friends with these ladies made me feel at home and this kitchen is super fun.' Magnolia rambles.

'I am happy for you and I am not going to mate with Seth this soon.'

'Kill joy! You should then tell me what it is like.'

'No, that is something I won't be sharing.' I snicker through our link.

'Fine buzz killer. You have fun and link if you need me, okay? I got to get these rolls out so they don't burn.' Magnolia replies and we cut the link.

"These houses look huge." I mumble as we pass by three of them.

"Yeah, they have room that's for sure." Seth looks over and we slow at the last one.

"You okay?" I ask when looking over at him as we stood for a moment.

"Yeah, just beyond excited we got to spend the evening talking as I was scared of rejection that I wouldn't be good enough for you." Seth blushes.

"No, you're perfect I can tell that so much now and could then too but I didn't think you would want me." I assure him this was all my fault we didn't talk sooner because he was a gentleman and gave me space.

"I wouldn't let you go especially not now." Seth whispers and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear with his free hand.

We make it up to the front door and it is pulled open. Callie stands there with a wide smile.

"Ma said she was your mate when I seen you two talking and I can see why you're smitten. You are drop bomb gorgeous." Callie smiles wide and seems so calm compared to when I have seen her so far.

"Not as pretty as you are." I smile at her.

Callie's cheeks redden before she dashes into the house and Seth chuckles.

"It isn't often Callie doesn't have anything more to say." He laughs lightly.

The inside is homey but Seth's scent sticks out the most.

"There you two are." Luna Fayla walks out with a smile. "I hope you are hungry Raine. Tonight we had a mixed variety as I didn't know what you may like."

"Thank you, I am sure to love it all so far everything has been over the top Luna Fayla." I smile back.

"Please just Fayla." She smiles.

"Glad to see you will be joining us Raine." Alpha Lance steps behind Fayla. "Same for me just Lance as I am sure you will be our next Beta female and part of this family."

I can't help a weird feeling as it truly does feel right but so forgein at the same time. With a look over to Seth I see him smiling wide already looking at me.

"Besides this gives us bonding time too." Fayla smiles with mischief in her eyes.

"Ma, no." Seth whines slightly, making me bite my lip to stiffle a laugh at how cute he looks.

"Oh yes." Lance smirks. "This one has some funny stories to tell about him."

Fayla takes my arm lightly and pulls me from Seth. I look back at him to see him smile softly as his mom drags me away. She places me at a table where food already awaits. My eyes go wide at the sight and the smells make my mouth water.

"Help yourself dear. You need some more meat on those bones." Fayla brushes her fingers through my hair while placing a plate in front of me.

Seth, Callie, and Lance join us at the table. I don't make a move as it was ingrained in me how the order of food getting goes. Fayla moves then comes back after I heard water running before she helps Callie make her plate.

"Everything okay? Is there something else you want or allergic too? I can make anything you may want." Seth starts whispering to me quietly.

I shake my head lightly. "No. No, this is all great and very over the top." I look over and see chicken, fish, salad, scalloped potatoes, green beans, rolls, sweet potatoes baked with just a split through them having butter and cinnamon on them.

"What's wrong?" Seth frowns and I find I don't like the sad look on his face.

"I never had options like this before. Some of the food is things I never even tried before, only seen in books to know what they are."

Seth turns to me. "Try what ever you want."

"I thought the more exotic foods were for the highest rank member only. We were taught not to touch some foods as it was for the Alpha and if they caught us even trying to get a taste then we wouldn't get dinner." I whisper.

Seth's face turns hard as his eyes blaze with his unspoken anger.

"That is not the case here Raine." Lance speaks up having heard and I see Fayla with a sad look on her face. "Here it is whatever you want to eat then grab it and if it isn't enough we will make more."

With slow hands I start to get some chicken and Seth doesn't even make his plate until mine is made and I took a bite first. Lance and Fayla were the same and the smile on their face was kind and genuine while looking at me before they started eating.

For the first time ever I try a sweet potato and my eyes close on their own as they roll back. Taking a bite of them with the chicken just enhances it all and I could eat my weight in this food.

"So has Seth told you much about his younger teenage years?" Lance starts with a smirk.

I shake my head and smile. This seems like it will be fun.