Chapter 7 [ Suicide attempt ]

After work, I saw my dadi was sleeping, so I decided not to disturb her and went into my room

"Cancel the dinner....." I informed Aniket " say that Rudransh apologizes but he's stuck in a problem and can't attend the dinner. "

After taking a shower, I skipped my dinner as I usually do, and went to my room. After some work, I eventually fell asleep.

A day remained, and today is the day when she will come. I checked my watch to see the time. She is an hour late. Irresponsible girl, doesn't she know we are working on a collaboration? She already wasted a day and an hour now, and she's still not here. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

If you want to be scolded, okay, I will scold you so that you will remember not to be late. "Yo brother," I looked at the face, and it was Aniket who had entered. e came and sat.

"Where is your favorite employee?" I inquired, in case he knows the reason.

"Who?" he asked even he was genuinely aware of whom I was talking about. "Miss Oberoi," I said, shutting off my computer.

"Oh, I don't know," he replied and started eating peanuts. "Give me her phone number," I unlocked my phone.

"There is no use of it, she isn't picking up calls," he said, putting the waste into the bucket and kicking it to the side slightly. "Did you try?" I asked because I know how careless he is.

"Hm, more than fifty times. Her phone is switched off," he informed casually, as if this were nothing to worry about. "You called her damn 50 times, and she's not picking up, and here you are swallowing peanuts?"

"So?"

"So?...Where is her hometown?...do you know how sad she was when she left last time," I informed, and he just giggled. "Are you laughing? I thought you guys were close?"

"Rudransh, yeah, we are close, but why are you getting worried about her? She's your assistant. Why are you going personally?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"She is my personal assistant, and it's my duty to help her if she's going through something. As a human, maybe she needs our help," I confessed, so he wouldn't misunderstand my concern about her.

"You don't know her, I know very well-"

Before he could say something nonsense, I interrupted him. "Where does she live?" I asked, standing up.

"She's not here; I've already asked her sister," he stood up too, and finally, I noticed a serious expression on his face. "She's currently in her hometown," he told me and I picked up my coat. "And where is her hometown?"

"Another state."

"Which state?" I asked, picking up my car keys. "Don't be mad, Rudransh; the way is 5 hours long," he followed me. "You are coming with me," i informed her and walked out.