Chapter 18

Third POV

Briar stood at the door of the council room. She was so scared to enter, unable to think any words to say. The party had revealed conspiracies against Inesa and her sisters, resulting in new positions being open. The only one left alive was Adriene, who was currently recovering due to her punishment. She had not only gone against her superiors, but also messed with someone who was protected, a rule held harshly in their world. They're not normal, no, not humans but monsters. Creatures of the night, various stories, myths and legends being spread by humans who lived to tell the tale. She finally grabbed the courage to open the door and pressed her ear recognizing the voices inside.

"You dare go against my authority?" She realized it was the very same man that had inflicted her punishment, the elusive president.

"I also have the same authority, at least I am keeping her safe." Briar was confused, wondering who they were referring to, and hears footsteps. She knocks on the door, with the yells now silent. The door opened, and she saw them stare at her. She curtsied in their presence, and a small smirk was on their lips.

"Echo, come in." She walks towards them, seeing they were sitting down.

"Ms. Vice President, Mr.President." Briar kept her cool, and sits across from them. They drank from their teacups, watching as she kept her gaze down.

"Echo, how are you doing? Are you doing well after your disposition as a right hand?" She looked at them, humiliation maintained her gaze low but fear was now setting in. She now feels something wrong in her gut.

"Yes ma'am I am doing well, thanks to your mercy.. May I be frank, is there a reason you requested my presence?" A small nod, and they shared a gaze with each other.

"We were wondering if you have had contact with the three humans, Inesa, Marcella and Flora?" Briar thought of her answer, but saw their eyes turn a slight blue. She got a bad gut feeling and decided better on it.

"I haven't had contact with them.." They stare at her, and knew that she was lying. A look of fear that was awfully masked by confidence showed.

"Now Echo, there is no reason to lie about being associated with them. We are well aware of you knowing them.." She nods, and sees their now blue eyes get darker.

"We would like for you to bring Inesa here next week, she must be alone." Briar nodded, noticing the cheshire smile on the vice president while a small smirk was present on the president. She looked down.

"As you wish.." They nod, and Briar excused herself. They whistle, and two figures appear from the dark.

"Follow her.." The figures disappeared and they continued with their conversation. Briar, now was panicking. She had to get them out of here, why didn't she try to get them out before. She rushed to their dorm room, making sure she wasn't followed. She knocked, and saw all three. Briar entered, and started to look for their suitcases.

"Briar, what's going on? What happened?" She looks at Inesa, who tried to comfort her to no avail.

"You need to get out of here, you're no longer safe here." Soon Briar explains, and Inesa shakes her head.

"No, I'm not leaving. I can't leave knowing that Melissa won't be at peace. Why must I leave?" Briar looks at Inesa with concern.

"The president and vice president are requesting for you presence." 

Then why must I leave if they're only asking for me?" Briar bit her lip, and looks at Inesa.

"They'll do something I cannot have that happen again.." Inesa was now confused, while Flora tightens her grip. Flora and Marcella were aware of what Briar had meant, alluding to being marked. Before anything could be said and done, a knock on the door made the girls look towards the door. Marcella grabbed Briar and hid her in the bathroom, and Flora went to get the door.