Chapter 13

Flora's POV

I walked to my classes, wanting it to be the weekend again. My mind went back to the night of the party; the night Silas was killed in cold blood. I felt my stomach turn, and I ran quickly to the bathroom. I headed inside a stall, and began to barf, remembering his dead, cold eyes. Tears filled my eyes, but I wiped them. How could someone kill someone else in cold blood? How could they tolerate this kind of behavior?

I've been avoiding Barnaby or Jack as he said he preferred I call him. Why would he want me to call him that? I wiped my mouth with toilet paper, and flushed it. I walked out of the stall, and looked into the bathroom mirror. I looked like shit. The dark eyebags under my eyes showed, with my skin looking kind of pale in the bathroom lights. I washed my hands and splashed my face with cold water. I dried my hands with the paper towels and walked out of the bathroom. I went down the hallway and finally arrived in front of Ms.Lauren's classroom.

I felt tired, and sat down in my seat waiting for class to begin. Someone walked in and I saw Jack, staring at me. He had the same gaze of that night, that crazed bloodthirst that was insatiable. I looked down and got my notebooks out, pretending that I never saw him, even though our eyes met. I heard the seat next to me shuffle, and saw him. I tried to calm myself down, but felt a hand on mine. I dared to look up and saw Jack stare at me, and felt my blood run cold.

"Flora, I didn't know you had this class." I nodded, and began to write the warmup. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and saw him with an envelope in his hand. I gasped to see it was an invitation to another party, and he leaned in my ear.

"I was told to hand you this. You see, Elizabeth asked if I could give you the invitation since she was too afraid to face you herself." I nod and look to see it was addressed to me in cursive letters. I cleared my throat, feeling my legs tremble from under me.

"Are my roommates able to attend as well?" I saw him eagerly nod, and I took the invitation. I couldn't help but think. Would they know anything about this, about Melissa? I mean one of them had a third eye so probably.

"I'll ask my roommates to see if they want to go." He nods and the teacher begins the lesson. It soon became very dull, and the entire time that little shit Jack kept bothering me. When class ended, before I could take a few steps into the packed hallway, Jack grabbed my wrist. I finally had enough and I pulled my wrist away from him, and saw him back up.

"Look I don't remember ever saying you could touch me. Don't cross that line Jack, or the only thing you'll have is a broken nose." I watched him chuckle and felt myself get more irritated.

"Sorry there Flora. Can't I try to be your friend?" I glare at him and walk away. I heard his footsteps, and throughout my class period, he had every single class that I had. I packed my things and headed out to lunch. When I walked in I saw Inesa talking to Blaise and Eden. I watched how lovelorn they looked at her, I rolled my eyes. I thought I saw Briar turning her head in the direction of Marcella and Elizabeth, who was trying to talk to her. She turned her gaze towards me, and I followed her. I heard the click clack of her walking stick. She walked to the girl's bathroom, and I walked inside.

"Briar, are you in here?" I was pinned to the wall, with a knife now on my throat. The walking stick now on the ground, I saw her third eye glowing softly as the lights dimmed.

"Go, pretend we never had this conversation. If you want to live alongside your sisters then leave me alone." I looked at her, and felt the knife press even more.

"Who is Melissa?" She looks at me, and I see her stop any form of movement.

"How dare you speak of her as if you're familiar with her! We dare not speak of her, leave her to rest." I was now suspicious, and twisted her. I now held the knife and saw her eyebrows furrow, and can tell she was trying to glare at me.