Chapter 10

Third person POV

Please play Jealousy Jealousy by Oliva Rodrigo( only for a bit)***<- use as a guide to start and end, ** <---change song when you see this

Inesa looked at the board in front of her. She was once again in history class, and noticed the girl behind her was gone. It was said she was transferred to another school, finding the academy not her style. She didn't really care, the only thing that was on her mind was Mar's condition. Though they butted heads, she cared about her. She remembers her sister crying for someone to stop the pain. Inesa was completely lost in thought; not hearing the teacher call her name.

"Inesa, Inesa, Inesa!" She looked up and saw the teacher with a student in front of her.

"Yes Mr.Lauriel?" He pointed towards the student next to him. She felt she recognized the male from somewhere but couldn't remember where. 

"He was asking to see you.." He stood there, and she got up. She walked towards him, and they both walked outside. He cleared his throat, and she saw his eyes change color for a second.

"Are you Inesa?" She nods, and is given a paper and an invitation.

"Hello, I am Barnaby, the student council president. I came to deliver this paper since I saw your request to be a part of the student council. I also came by to invite you to our annual party that is held every year. I hope you'll be able to attend."

She nods, watching him walk away. Inesa goes back inside and continues to take notes. Soon the bell rings, and Inesa packs up, putting the invitation inside her backpack. She takes looks at the paper. She didn't see her name, instead she saw it was the girl that was behind her. She sighed and walked out, seeing Barnaby gone. Inesa begins to look for him using the map; continuing to walk down the hallway. Finally she sees Barnaby with a group of people laughing. She approached them, and for a second, saw their eyes turn green. A chill ran down her spine.

"Inesa? Is there a problem?" She nods and hands the paper to him.

"Yes, sorry Barnaby. It's just this paper is for someone else by the name of Circe Rodgers." Barnaby nodded, and took her paper, and looked through his bag to see Inesa Trichel. He nods, and gives the paper to her. She thanks him and leaves, and they watch her leave, and glare at Barnaby. 

"Why did you give the paper of that witch to her?" He shrugged his shoulders, and gave a slight smirk.

"Watch and learn..you'll see." He began to countdown to five with his fingers, and Inesa popped out again.

"Oh Barnaby sorry, but do you know what happened to Circe? I thought she moved schools?" He shakes his head, and offers his hand.

"I am unaware; but now that you are here, would you assist me please? I need some help with decorating for the party. I can give you a pass to miss your classes."

She nods, and they walk to Inesa's art class. The door opens, and Barnaby walks to Ms.Daisy who only nods, allowing them to go. ***Eden stands up when Barnaby shakes his head.

"Ms.Eden, your presence isn't required." She looks over at Inesa;  who looks at her with those soft eyes of hers. Eden walks to Barnaby, handing a note to him from their coat pocket.

"It is actually. Elizabeth requested that I be there to help with decorating."

He reads the note nodding. She grabs her things walking out of the classroom. Inesa looks up at Eden, and looks away. Eden from the corner of their eye notices, clears her throat, and grabs Inesa's hand. A smirk on her lips, watching how red Inesa's face became. It was quite cute, and didn't notice Barnaby's gaze onto their hands. He nods, and walks down the hallway till they arrive in front of a pair of stairs.