Chapter 16

Third Person POV

Trigger Warning Light mentioning of sexual harassment

It was the day of Elizabeth's all exclusive party. Many were in anticipation, waiting to receive an invitation. Yells and bass boosted music played throughout the room.  It had seemed perfect for those with debauchery and chaos on their mind. Inesa, one of the invitees felt out of place due to her outfit. Compared to her other outfit, this one was quite modest.  A long rose gold dress with a slit on her calf, tan heels on her feet and diamond earrings.  She remembered Briar not only choosing the outfit; but telling her how she should be acting throughout the entire party.

"You need to use your innocent face, and puppy eyes. There will be eyes everywhere watching your every move waiting for you to mess up. Don't let it get to you, act natural and most of all remember you can't tell anything to Blaise or Eden.."

She sighed a bit stressed at the heavy task assigned to her; and drank a bit of punch offered as a refreshment. Her eyes widened due to its sweet taste. It had almost like cotton candy in liquid form. She feels a tap on her shoulder and turns her head to see Eden. It had seemed like forever since the two seemed to speak to each other. Inesa feels herself relax and melt due to Eden's smile. Eden pulls her in with her back against their chest. Inesa soon relaxes in her embrace. Soft lips gently brush over her skin, and Inesa feels the pull getting stronger. No words were exchanged, as they both enjoy their moment of peace. The pair was in their own world, no one except them. Eden was the first to break their moment, moving her lips towards her ear.

"My my don't you look gorgeous, so ethereal like a goddess. What did I do to have my eyes blessed by you bunny?" Eden whispered huskily, adding more depth to her natural semi deep voice. Inesa gasps, feeling her cold hands rub against her skin in soft circles. Her words made her heart beat faster, and all she wanted to do was hear more sweet words from Eden. 

"I wanted to dress for the occasion. You should be thanking Briar, she dressed me up." Inesa turns her body, now towards them. She saw Eden stare those blue eyes now a deeper shade. An unrecognizable emotion in her eyes, that gaze made her knees weak. A cough interrupted the pair. They both turn, it was Blaise, who stared at them; with a raised eyebrow. Inesa hugs him, and sees him also dressed up.

"Were you also invited by Elizabeth?" He asks. She hears his confusion but nods in response. Blaise stares at Inesa with hunger in his eyes but a smile on his face.

"So what have you been up to little star?" Eden raises an eyebrow towards the nickname; noticing Inesa's smile brighten.

"I've been trying my best to get good grades for my classes. Guess what, I became friends with Briar!" She saw Blaise's soft smile disappear for a second but saw it returned. He looked at Eden, and smiled trying to ease her.

"I see. Now Inesa I wanted to tell you, as a friend that cares for you. Briar is not known as a good person. She can be very mean, and is known to be a fake friend." Inesa shakes her head and turns to Eden.

"Is that true Eden?" Guilt caught her in their throat, why should she lie about Briar? Briar wasn't bad no, if anything she wanted them to be friends, yes she was just slightly jealous of how close they are but what can she do? They're friends, and she saw how happy Inesa was with Briar, why take her joy from her? She looked at Blaise who gave her a glare. Eden looked at Inesa's dark brown eyes, soft and round. Eden bites their lip, and shakes their head.

"Yes and no, but I trust your judgment. I mean she can be mean but is very loyal." Inesa nodded, not noticing Blaise's smile disappear from his face. Inesa hears the music, dancing in her spot. Blaise and Eden looked, and watched her walk towards them, swaying her hips. She twirled Eden, and then switches to Blaise. He took her in his arms and begins to dance with her. She giggles enjoying herself with Blaise. Eden was getting disgusted by a bitter feeling in her mouth. She began to walk away when they felt someone grab their hand. It was Inesa, with puppy eyes, smiling toward her.