XXVIII: Double Black

Did he ever shut up about her?

Chuuya did not know the answer to the question that has been burning a hole in his mind for the past half hour he had to sit there, suffering and waiting with this squandering bandage waster.
     Dazai had begun a rant of all the things he hated about Red Spider, and it was irritating the absolute living shit out of Chuuya.
    The ginger wondered if there was ever a moment that Dazai wasn't thinking about ways to fulfill his personal mission.
   The constant murmuring of Dazai in the background made Chuuya loose focus, and the festering anger within the younger one beginning to cloud his mind.

"...Which is eaxctly the reason to not do that, right? But she keeps coming up with these stupid remarks that..." Chuuya drowned out the sound of Dazai talking.
The duo continued to walk through the hallway, Chuuya keeping his guard up. His irritation started to slowly die out, but not for long.

"Oh yeah, duck." Dazai said casually, as if there wasn't a whole entire bullet flying through the air at the two.
Chuuya didn't move, stopping the bullet inches from his face with ease. Dazai on the other hand had stood behind Chuuya, peeking out from behind his shoulder.
Chuuya glanced back, scoffing. "Some demon prodigy you are." Dazai glared at Chuuya, mouth agape in mock hurt.

"And what do you bring to the table?" Dazai snapped back, brushing past Chuuya. With the contact of Dazai's hand on his shoulder, the bullet dropped to the ground and nearly hit the redhead's foot.
Chuuya glared right back at Dazai, eyes narrowed with a scowl. "You sure you want me to list that? Cuase it's pretty long." His tone was cocky and spiteful, directed at his dark haired partner.
Dazai just simply scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Please, whatever you do, I do it better." Chuuya's eyes went wide at this, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Well then I oughta show you—" Chuuya's words were cut off when another bullet flew through the air, nearly avoiding Dazai and hardly grazing Chuuya's head.
The two men looked in the direction in which the bullet came from, caution weaving in every movement they made.
Chuuya turned his back to Dazai, backing up to the brunette until he felt he was close enough. His eyes flickered in every direction, watching and waiting for the next sign of movement.
Dazai didn't move in the slightest when he felt Chuuya at his back. It was a tactical thing they always did.
It helped keep Dazai somewhat safer and it guaranteed almost a surprise to the enemy. Granted Dazai was much taller—or Chuuya just never grew anyway.

With Chuuya hidden behind Dazai for the most part, the two scanned the room, looking for some sort of resemblance to a person in the shadows.
   The hallway was mostly dark, with a few exceptions to the broken windows that let in the moonlight that stretched the walls.
    Debris was scattered everywhere along the floor, mold and cobwebs lurking in the corners. It was an abandoned place, and perfect for anything to happen.
      Nothing sounded for what seemed like forever, only the cawing of a crow outside or the same rustling of the wind.
   A gun was cocked, and Dazai's eyes narrowed towards the sound. Chuuya became more attentive, his eyes flitting to the side to double check and make sure there weren't extras.

   The eerie sound of shoes tapping on the concrete floor reverberated a couple feet in front of Dazai, coming closer to the duo.
    Dress shoes appeared first out of the shadows into the moonlight. Dazai dragged his gaze up the figure to black pants, to the belt that kept it together, and up the simple blue button up.
    Dazai's eyes finally landed the name to his face. His hair was black and geld back, a strand or two falling from the perfectly curated bundle.
    His narrow eyes were like silver slits, matching the color of the moon. A crooked thin lipped smile was plastered to his face, and he stopped once he was fully visible in the arch of the window.

   "My apologies, I was expecting someone else." He spoke, his words mixed with mock and spite in his dark tone.
    Dazai didn't move a muscle, keeping an unamused glare on his face. "Don't even worry about it." He jarred back, eyeing the man conspicuously.
    He simply just laughed, a practiced sound made to fit professional settings. Not too hard, and not loud. A simple effect to pass as acceptable to others.
    Dazai didn't react, brushing off the man's actions as merely nothing to him. "Oh, and you don't have to hide your partner."
Chuuya stiffened behind Dazai, a scowl warping his lips. He reluctantly shifted next to Dazai, making sure he was on the correct side.

   The man smiled brightly at the sight of the redhead making himself noticeable to him. He clasped his hands in front of him, drawing out his next words.
      "It's so lovely to meet you boys. I am Alec McKnile. I am Red Spiders boss, if you will."

Of course.

_____________________________