XIX: Hollow Checks

Ango paced anxiously back and forth in front of (Y/N)'s house, his arms crossed with his head looking at the ground.
Cars whipped by, the engines loud and clear as they approached the house before speeding off into the distance.
Ango pulled out his phone, checking his notifications. Just then, a black motorcycle pulled into the driveway, the engine making Ango's ears just barely bleed out.
The agent covered his ears as he walked over to the rider. Her helmet was still on her head and she killed the engine. She had worn the same thing she had left work in, those same black jeans, boots, and jacket.

(Y/N) lowered her head, sliding her helmet off her head. She lifted her face back up, bringing a gloved hand to her hair and fluffing up the tangles.
She finally looked over to Ango, flashing her charming smirk towards him, eyes gleaming and narrowed with mischief.

"Hello Ango. What brings you to my humble abode?"
Her voice was full of a spiteful mockery, and she hopped off the bike. (Y/N) pulled the key out of the ignition and let the sound die out as she walked to her front door.

"Don't you mock me, (Y/N). Do you know how long I had been waiting?" Ango snapped at her, clearly not entertaining the idea of her being smug with him.
   She turned around, smirking at the man who was fuming with rage by this point. "Umm, how about 5 minutes?" She commented with a slight chuckle, spinning on her heel again and walking into her house.
Ango stormed after her, hands clenched by his sides. He was not in the mood for her antics, or her mockery towards him.

"(Y/N) I waited for an hour and a half for you to show up! Why did it take you an hour and a half to get home?! Why weren't you even home in the first place?!"
Ango bombarded her with his angered questions, glaring at her through the rim of his glasses. Ango pushed his hair out of his face, wiping the never ending line of sweat off his forehead.
(Y/N) just shrugged, taking off her leather jacket and hanging it on the rack, continuing to walk further into her house. That's when Ango noticed something.

"What the hell is on your neck?" (Y/N) turned around, seeming confused. She shot Ango a judgmental glance, confusion in her eyes. "What?" She sounded almost flabbergasted that he had even mentioned there was something on her.
Ango pointed to her neck, where what looked like a bruise was, just below her ear. (Y/N) seemed to realize what he was pointing at and looked mischievously at Ango.

"Oh that; you could say I was doing things." She suggested, turning around and walking away from him.
Ango stood in the small foyer of her house, shock written on his face. He turned red with realization, scowling as his mind began to go through the course of what happened.
He snapped out of it immediately, disgusted with himself and with (Y/N). He followed (Y/N) into her kitchen, arms crossed, plus a disapproving and disgusted look.

"What's the matter with you?! Lemme guess, Dazai?" Ango inquired, his words outlined in spite as he spoke the Demon Prodigy's name. (Y/N) chuckled, searching through her fridge and pulling out a cold water bottle.
She didn't answer him, but that smug look on her face told him everything he needed to know. "Ugh, you're disgusting!" He closed his eyes and held back the puke in his throat, gagging on air and making a sour face.
He didn't even want to know how that even happened, but he would have to eventually dig something up.
Ango was still unsure what the motive behind that was to (Y/N), but he can sure as hell guess that Dazai is using her for both his benefit as well as the mafias'.
The Port Mafia has wanted (Y/N) in its claws for the longest time now, and will go to any lengths to get her. Ango knew that (Y/N) wasn't stupid. If he learned anything from being in both the Mafia and government, there's always a reason.
He might still be slightly clueless about what that reasoning is, but he knows (Y/N) does more than her best for the government.
Ango snapped out of his head and glanced back to (Y/N). "Regardless, I needed to talk to you about something."