Chapter16

Without thinking, I grab an arrow from my quiver and pull the bow tight, aiming right at the devils cold and empty heart.

"You don't want to do that Anna," Pan warns taking a step closer to me.

"Take one more step towards me and you will find out what I can really do," I sneer.

"Oh, I know exactly what you can do. Twelve of my boys you have killed Anna, twelve! They didn't deserve to die!" he shouts.

"And Felix does?!" I scream. Pan's eyes widen with shock along with Alex's. "Don't think that I didn't know what you planning Pan. I overheard the boys talking about it; that once you had me wrapped around your little finger you were going to send them to 'dispose of the loose end'. Did you honestly think that I was that clueless?" I laugh, but it has no humour to it.

"No, I don't think you are clueless, but you are stupid," He snaps.

"Excuse me?" I gasp. The nerve this guy has.

"You think that Felix cares about you? You think he can protect you, love you like I do? He can't! No one can do that. Only I can!" he yells, and I laugh and this time it is full of amusement. Pulling my arrow tighter when Pan steps closer to me, I circle him, like a predator would it's prey.

"You think you love me? You don't know what love is. Nowhere in that dark and cold soul is there a heart for you to love me," I grit out through my teeth. "Felix does, and I him, and there is nothing you can do to change that. If you kill him, I will still love him and despise you more. If you kill me, well, then there is your proof that you cannot love anyone."

"Let's test that theory out, shall we?" I frown at his words. What does he mean? Is he going to kill me? In a blink of an eye, Pan is gone from in front of me and mere seconds later I hear the strangled gasp of Alex behind me.

"Alex!" I yell rushing up to him, but I am pulled back by a Lost Boy who is a lot stronger than I thought for. "Let me go or god help me I will burn you a new hole." I growl at him, tugging on my arms. When they boy doesn't let go I attempt to set him on fire, but I am unable to connect with my power.

"What have you done to me?" I gasp out as if I am in pain. I feel empty without my power buzzing in me, almost...lost.

"The cuff that Daniel here has just placed on your arm prevents you from connecting with your magic. You didn't think I would let you kill any more of my boys did you?" Pan growls, tightening his grip on Alex's throat.

"Let Alex go Pan. Your fight isn't with him, it's with me,"

"You see, that is where you are wrong. I am surprised you haven't figured it out yet, especially after last time," he tuts, clicking his tongue in disapproval.

"What do you mean last time?" I seethe. "Stop playing games Pan,"

"Maybe you should be telling Alex here the same thing." I frown and cease in my struggles to get free from the Lost Boy's grip. "Go on, tell her." Pan whispers into his ear, I can still hear him. "Tell her!" he shouts and I can see him tightening his grip around Alex's throat.

"Anna!" he gasps, and a sudden flash of déjà vu washes over me. my eyes widen at the sudden memory of the first time I realised that I had feelings for Felix, in the cave the night I thought I had killed Pan. It can't be.

"No." I whisper. He wouldn't disguise himself and not tell me. He wouldn't be in the camp for five month, watching me be kept in a cage for most of it if it was him. He wouldn't do that.

"Looks like your secret is out," Pan whispers smugly.

"Anna-"

"No! No, you aren't him. He wouldn't watch me get hurt like that. You aren't him!" I yell, a tear falling from my eye.

"Why don't you show her?" Pan suggest innocently, but I can see the evil glint in his eye, reminding me of the first time I met him. When I look back at Alex, I see his face contort in pain and begin to change into the familiar face of the one person that I am not afraid to say I love.

Felix

You guys are so lucky to have two chapters in one night but the ideas where just flowing out of me. I know that chapter is only short but it gets to the point without all of the in between parts and I know this story is going pretty fast but I kind of want you guys to know what happens in the end so there will probably two maybe three more chapters.

On another not, I do have a new story called 'Gift? More like burden', you can check it out if you want.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, please comment and VOTE!!! :) x