𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎.

"Happy birthday, Fourmi!" Pierre hugs his sister tight and Fayen laughs as they sway from left to right.

"Thanks, brother. Not like you texted me this morning before I was even fully awake," Fayen laughs at him and Pierre shrugs not caring about the jab.

"Congratulations on twenty-five," Kika says as she hugs Fayen as well. "How does it feel?"

Fayen rolls her eyes. It is a stuffy question but Kika knows that because she winks after she asks it showing that she doesn't really want an answer. "Drinks are in the fridge, everyone is everywhere just make yourself at home."

Fayen smiles at the two as they step further into the home which is not used to the amount of people that it's holding at the moment. Fayen has expected Grace to go all out like this, so she isn't bothered that much. She luckily knows most of the people present, say it all on different degrees. Fayen walks behind them through the hallway to rejoin the thick of the crowd.

The music is loud but not too loud so people can still hold conversations. A part of the living room is reserved for dancing where she sees a group of people including Alex being roped into dancing by Lily. In a corner Max, Lando and Daniel are holding a discussion that seems so intense that Fayen doesn't want to interrupt them. All around people are mingling and it is overall a great vibe.

Fayen walks into the kitsch to rejoin Kelly and Grace, with whom she was talking before she went to answer the doorbell. The two seemed to have moved onto the topic of work as they are in the same industry. It's something Fayen can contribute to but she needs a refill first. The wine had been flowing freely and even as the party wasn't on its way for more than an hour Fayen had drunk and sufficient amount to feel a soft buzz over everything. It is her party after all.

"I was in Hungary but it is always hard, balancing work, a family and flying out for races," Kelly sighs. Fayen furrows her brow understanding the woman had shifted the topic in the time she was filling her glass.

"I imagine, I find it hard even without having a child in the mix," Grace adds and Kelly nods along. "Will it get easier?"

"No, I'm sorry to tell you that but it will always be hard, being apart from the person you love so dearly," Kelly smiles weakly and looks over the bar to the place where the three men are talking rapidly to each other.

Grace follows her gaze and her eyes turn sad. Fayen can't have that so she springs in. "He, no being sad at a party. You have a person to love at least."

Grace scoffs and pulls her eyebrow up mockingly. "You could have too."

Kelly turns to Fayen with a curious expression. "Oh, what did I miss?"

"A lot, you see-" Grace starts but Fayen covers her mouth with her hand quickly.

"Thanks, Ace, let's not, yeah?" Fayen smiles sweetly at her best friend who casts her a sarcastic look back.

"You could tell me yourself," Kelly asks smirking over the edge of her own wine glass. Fayen knows Kelly from the paddock and the occasional gatherings they were both present but she doesn't know her well enough to lay all her secrets out in front of the women.

Fayen sighs and swirls her glass. "Let's say there is some development and I don't know how to feel about it."

Kelly hums and takes a sip from her wine to give herself some time to respond. "Want some advice from an old woman?"

Fayen scoffs. "You're not old, Kelly."

The woman shrugs. "Want some advice from an older woman?" Fayen nods, agreeing with that statement. She is actually curious about what she has to offer, seeing as she is indeed a little older and has a proper family. A little complicated one at that but beautiful nonetheless. "You don't know what you feel until you stop thinking and start feeling."