𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗.

"But I thought Dimitrie was going there? I have a free weekend Madelaine, please don't make me go." Fayen complains to her boss on the phone when she calls to inform her that she needs to go to Miami.

"He was, but he botched a deal last week and needs to suck up to those clients to get them to sign with us. They asked for him personally. You need to go, Fayen. This event is too important not to attend." She groans loudly. She had been planning a free weekend on the couch with wine and watching the Miami GP with Grace Sunday evening. Now she needs to take a last minute flight and attend an event that will be just as boring as ever.

"I know, I'm so sorry Fayen. I would go myself, but you know I have-"

"Yeah, fashion week prep. I know. I will go, but you need to book my tickets!"

"You are an angel, the compensation will be added to your next paycheck. I have to go now, send you the tickets in a minute." Fayen hangs up a little aggressively. She was just getting ready to have a free afternoon and weekend, but it appears that is not happening. She makes her way to her bedroom to start packing with a rush.

An hour later she is back on her way to Charles de Gaulle. She had been here just two days ago, sending her brother to Miami. After the unfortunate event of her getting locked in a bathroom with Charles that evening they had tried to make a good evening, but Fayen had stayed clear of the monegasque. She felt grateful for him trying to calm her down, but that didn't take away her anger because she wouldn't have gotten stuck if Charles hadn't wanted to talk so badly. She kept telling herself it was his fault they got stuck, although in hindsight that was unreasonable.

She looks at the tubeline and reads the stop 'Charles de Gaulle Aéroport'. The name reminds her of some other people that will be in Miami that weekend. Feeling stupid she hadn't thought of the Formula One race earlier, she takes out her phone to text her brother, mentally slapping herself.

To Pierre

Guess who's coming to Miami this weekend. Pls tell me you will be attending the JPMorgan event?

The text doesn't send as she is still in the tube and doesn't have service. She puts away her phone when she needs to get out at the last stop of the line and walks to the exit of the metro into the airport on her way to the departures. As she plops down on a chair at her gate after going through security she feels a buzz in her pocket.

From Pierre

Why are you coming to Miami now? You could've flown with us!

To Pierre

If I would have known I had preferred a private plane above business class every day. Have to fill in for a colleague last minute at the JPMorgan event. You coming or not?

From Pierre

Hold up

Then the phone rings and Fayen sighs. Pierre has never been good at texting, despite what his fans think with the whole "Liked by Pierre Gasly" thing. Yes he is on social media 24/7, but texting is not his strong suit.

"Why are you calling, I just need a quick yes or no." Fayen laughs at her phone when her brother comes into view. He smiles back at her and gives a wave. His happy face makes the idea of going to Miami so last minute a little less awful.

"True, but I am busy so I don't have time to text you for the upcoming three hours." He sticks out his tongue at her.

Fayen rolls her eyes at him. "I have to board in half an hour, so that wouldn't even be possible. What are you busy with?" She leans back in her chair, accepting she is about to fill her waiting time with facetiming Pierre, not that it is a punishment or something, but he could for once just give her the answer she needs instead of talking around the point just to be his annoying self.