𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Monaco, December 2019

The brown haired boy walked up the steps of the staircase leading to the roof of the nightclub where he had been drinking away his responsibilities for the whole night. He was dragging a girl with him.

He just came back to Monaco after the end of his first Formula One season with the prestigious team of Scuderia Ferrari. The parting words of Binotto were still ringing in his ears. Next year it needs to be top three in the WDC. talking about pressure. He had an amazing first season with Ferrari and was excited for next season, but he also felt the responsibility creeping up on him. He was seen as the sole future of the team. He had to keep getting results otherwise he could kiss his seat goodbye.

He was kind of relieved that he would have a little time away from the sport and when his mates invited him to a night out to celebrate the end of the season he had gladly accepted. That the season was over also meant he could drink again and he made good use of that. He had been drinking heavily all night which led to the result that Charles now felt his head spinning in a good, numbing way as he pushed open the door to the roof. He ignored the 'no access' sign and stepped into the cold December air.

He turned around and kissed the girl harshly, using her to fulfil his desire. The young driver could get whatever he wanted and he knew it. They moved to the edge of the roof and made out by the view over the marina and the sea behind it. Charles let go of her for a second to take in a cold breath of sea air. Most of the time the Monaco air smelled of car engines and hot asphalt, but in the night you could smell the odour of the sea. Charles had always found it to be a soothing smell, something that could always comfort him. Something that reminded him this was home.

He let out the breath he took and turned around again. "You are so hot." The girl slurred at him and he grinned before laying his lips to hers again. The kiss was sloppy and there was a complete lack of passion, which for Charles was a major turn down. He broke the kiss and turned around to look over the city he was born and raised in. He expected to look upon the dimly lit streets of Monaco and the high dark apartment buildings, but instead he saw a person standing on the other edge of the roof.

The girl stood there on high heels and with nothing on her but her short cocktail dress. Her long brown hair was flowing in the wind and even though Charles couldn't see her face he noticed some kind of presence about her.

What was she doing out here by herself? He was immediately intrigued by the girl and completely forgot about the other woman. "What are you doing?" Her voice scratched his ears and he made a vague wave with his hand. "I'll see you downstairs." He waved her off. The girl huffed and disappeared through the door, back to the club. With a little courage from the alcohol flowing in his blood he started walking over to the girl standing on the edge.

"Don't come closer." She hadn't turned around, but somehow she knew he was approaching her. Her demanding speech only triggered him to get closer. His feet crunched on the stones of the roof when he got closer to the girl.

When he was close enough he saw she was intensely staring down to the streets below them. "Why do you ignore me when I ask you to stay away?" She says, still not looking at Charles.

"You didn't ask, you ordered." It wasn't an answer to her question, but Charles didn't feel like he needed to defend himself to her. She seemed to be startled by his voice and quickly looked at him. Charles was taken aback by her beauty. She looked barely twenty and her youth was very visible. But something made her look more mature. Even in the dark her eyes stood out to him. They had the colour of a cloudy sky, with accents of blue. Her nose was small, which accentuated her full, pink lips. It was sad she was wearing such heavy make-up, because she didn't need any of it.