𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

Charles walks to a corner of the area, so he is not in the way of the people walking around, and takes out his phone to pass the time while waiting for Fayen. With every passing minute he is starting to doubt this idea more and more. He wants to talk to her, clear the air, ask what was bothering her. Her saying yes gives him the feeling she wants that as well. He can't be sure though. Maybe she just wants to have a go at him or pour a drink over his head. That seems a little dramatic but Charles' mind comes up with the worst case scenarios easily.

He doesn't get any more time to worry, because a moment later the smells of vanilla and orange surround him and he knows without looking up that Fayen is standing in front of him.

"That was fast," he smiles, putting his phone away and looking up at her. Fayen is still wearing her business-casual outfit, but she let her hair down and the headset and clipboard are gone.

"Wasn't much for me to do anymore, the crew takes over from here." She shrugs and hoists her bag a little higher on her shoulder.

Charles has the urge to take it from her, but he has the feeling she would not appreciate that gesture, so he gestures to the door. "Shall we?"

He does hold the door for her and is rewarded with an appreciative smile. Once outside they find the street deserted. It was a stark contrast with a couple hours before when Charles first arrived. There is still a lot of noise coming from corners as the events in the city go on too late in the night, but the idea of peace in the streets is enough to let Charles catch his breath. He is only now realising he was holding his posture right the whole time inside and finally gets to let go now.

"Where to?" He looks at Fayen, because this is her city after all.

"I know a place, come on." She starts walking in the opposite way of the busy main street and leads the Monegasque through the allies of Paris. They walk in silence, which is more comfortable than he expected it to be. MWith most people Charles feels like he needs to carry a conversation, needs to be sociable, but this silence is nice and filled with the peaceful sphere of the city. It's clear to him that Fayen knows this city well, or at least this part, as she leads the way in and out of streets. At the next turn they enter an open space, a little square with a couple of restaurants and a cosy looking café at the corner.

"I'd like to sit outside if you are okay with that?" Fayen asks. She waits for him to nod and they sit down at one of the tables. Fayen tilts her head to the sky and seems to take in the evening air. There are candles on the tables surrounding them and the low yellow light of the places around them give Fayens skin a golden glow Charles can't keep his eyes from.

A waiter comes outside to ask them what they would like and Fayen looks back to order her drink. When the waiter walks away she settles her gaze upon Charles. He looks back, giving her a small smile and she mirrors the sentiment. This is good. They can do this, just drinks and talk. Being friends.

"How have you been?" He asks, genuinely wanting to know.

For a second Fayen looks stunned, but then she lets out a laugh. It's not the warm sound he loves from her, but sinister even. She rolls her eyes and looks out over the square, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Is that a weird question?" Charles asks, not knowing what is going on.

She turns to him. "Come on, Percy. Don't play innocent. You know we've not been on a 'friends'," she makes air quotes with her fingers, "term lately. So yeah, it is a weird question."

He furrows his brows and looks at a bird on the square hopping around. Okay, she wants to have it out? Let's have it out. "Yeah, and who's fault is that?" He doesn't mean to sound accusing, but he is not letting himself get shot while he has no blame for her actions. He expects the next spat from her, ever the tempered woman she is, so Charles waits. It stays silent.