𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡.

"Today is the day," Lando beams at his girlfriend while slinging his arm around her when he joins Grace and Fayen who had been lounging in the McLaren hospitality during the driver parade. "I can feel it in my bones."

The blonde returns his expression of pure excitement and Fayen can't help but smile at the two. Grace leans in to give Lando a sweet kiss and nods. "I can feel it too, babe. You got this. And on home ground! It's going to be a great day."

The couple is fully absorbed by their bubble and Fayen can't blame them. Lando's qualifying run yesterday was amazing. If it hadn't been for the god on track that is Max Verstappen he would have gotten pole. But unfortunately Max is driving today as well so Fayen pricks the walls of the bubble with a chuckle. "If you can beat Max."

Lando shoots daggers at her and she throws her hands up in defence. "Hey, I want you to win as well but I'm just being realistic."

"I am praying for a puncture, engine failure or some issue," Grace mumbles. This earns her a push from her boyfriend who looks at her punishingly. "Nothing major! Just so he needs to sit this one out and you can take the middle step on the podium."

"Love, that's not nice to wish for. He is still my friend and we all grant him his success." Lando, always the great friend he just is, slaps her lightly but he also has a playful glint in his eyes.

"You could always bump his side," Fayen offers casually. "Make a hole in his side pod or damage his suspension."

"Fayen Gasly!" Now she earns a slap from him, a lot harder than he gave Grace, and he screams loud enough for people to look at them wondering what is going on. "You did not just suggest foul play."

"It's called a racing incident," she grins before taking out her phone to see if Pierre has answered her text to grab lunch together before the race.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Grace buds in point at Fayen. "If it happens on the first lap the stewards will never reprimand you."

Lando makes a shocked face and points between the two friends. "You two are truly evil. Just unbelievably unsportsmanlike."

Fayen looks up from her phone to cross her gaze with Grace. She shrugs at her and Grace makes an 'eh' sound also pulling up a shoulder before turning back to her boyfriend. "I just want you to win babe, but sure, be all noble and righteous." She kisses his cheek and laughs at the still dumbfound expression on his face.

"Pierre still hasn't answered and Kika is also not reading my text. Do you think something is wrong?" Fayen asks, not looking away from her screen with a furrowed brow.

Lando wiggles his eyebrows at her with a smirk. "Or something is very, very right."

"Ugh, no, don't make me think that." She pushes Lando's head and he laughs only harder. "How do you even want to do that in a paddock full of cameras?"

Because she is looking back at her phone she misses the look shared between Lando and Grace. "Well," Lando drags out. "Driver rooms are not spacious but it works."

Grace laughs loudly and Fayen rolls her eyes at them also smirking. She could imagine wanting to get off before a race, just to relax, but still it couldn't be comfortable. She tries calling her brother as a last resort but when that goes to voicemail she accepts he is not available.

"Well, looks like I'm third wheeling your lunch." Fayen claps her hand and stands from the couch, looking expectantly at the couple. They share another look. Grace's cheeks turn red and she avoids the eyes of her friend. Lando smiles sheepishly and turns an apologetic look at Fayen.

The brunette looks between the two and it takes a moment to register what they are implying. "Oh, come on!" She clicks her tongue and swats their heads in unison. "Grose!"