𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎.

Fayen's yaw drops at hearing those words from the driver. The arrogance, she had been totally right when she had judged him. Her stomach clenches at the thought of the poor woman this man takes to his bed. Serving one purpose only. She could only imagine the disappointment and heartbreak they would go through when they found out they were just one of many for Charles Leclerc.

"Mate." Max's voice sounds through the fake plants Fayen is standing behind. She is brought back to reality and realises she is still eavesdropping on a conversation which she would rather not have heard. Walking away quickly she leaves the two and walks to the bar, like her original plan had been.

"What?" Charles finishes his drink and looks cocky at Max. The man gives him a piercing look and Charles feels the judgement flowing from his eyes. He can't keep up the pretence and lets his expression fall, looking at the ground. He doesn't have to say anything else and not a second later feels the strong arm of Max gripping him.

"I know it's still hard, but you don't need to lash out like that. I know you better and won't be fooled by big balls." Charles laughs at that with a sad undertone. He straightens his shoulders a little and takes a breath in. "It's not like I still miss her or something, I'm just scared I guess," he mumbles, playing with his empty glass.

"For what?"

That is a good question and one Charles doesn't have a direct answer to. To get hurt again. To trust people fully and have that trust broken. To get distracted and underperform. To get distracted and lose focus on his racing goals. Charles spirals into a thought train and forgets he was having a conversation in which his interlocutor still expects an answer. He forces a crooked smile on his lips and winks at the Dutchman.

"Never mind."

Max eyes his friend as they make their way through the crowd to join the others, so Max can get to know Grace as well. He knows Charles is over his break-up with Charlotte, but the fear of hurt is still there. He wonders if it'll ever go away completely, but for now he mainly worries that Charles is dealing with too much pressure and doesn't have an outlet for his emotions.

The drivers need to push aside their thoughts when they near the little group they were looking for. Lando and Daniel are accompanied by two women. The blonde one is standing closer to Lando, almost matching his height. That must be Grace, Max thinks to himself. Next to them Daniel is talking and the other woman is listening interested.

Charles' gaze is immediately fixated on Fayen. The floor length black dress hugs her body and shows it off in all the right places. Her dark brown hair is wavy and frames her face beautifully. Her make-up is very natural but her lips are coloured bright red which accentuates their plumpness. The smile that plays on those lips and reflects in her stormy grey eyes make her look divine.

Max looks over his shoulder when Charles isn't next to him anymore. The sight of Charles makes him smirk a little when he follows his gaze to see the person at the end of it. Fayen looks gorgeous and grown up. Max can see the girl in her, but she definitely wasn't little anymore. "Don't drool."

Charles blinks a couple of times before turning to Max. "What?" he asks in confusion. "That you need to come along and stop eye-fucking her." Max gestures his head in the direction of Fayen, who is still in conversation and doesn't seem to notice the two men speaking about her at a short distance.

The Monegasque makes a face at Max and huffs. "I wasn't looking at her." Max pulls up his eyebrows at him and hums in a 'yeah-right' way. "I was just avoiding bumping into people!" Charles tries to defend himself, but the shame on his cheeks is clearly visible as they turn dark red. He walks on quickly and Max follows, chuckling behind his fist.