𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

Miami had in one word been shit.

It started with the evening event where Fayen had left him standing like a statue as she went off after he had gotten her out of the situation with the Finley guy. Charles had needed a minute to get back to himself after the short encounter. The back of his hand had burned the rest of the evening and it was annoying to Charles. He could rub the place with all his might, he still couldn't get rid of the burning feeling. As if her thumbprint was carved into the veins under his skin.

She had cleverly avoided him the rest of the evening. Charles couldn't tell if this was because she was embarrassed about the situation or if she truly was as busy as she looked. He had followed her around the room with his gaze, trying to watch her while he made small talk to other attendees. Being not so subtle about it, might be added. After averting his eyes for a moment from the brunette he had looked straight at Lando. The Brit had grinned at him and pulled up his eyebrows, not leaving any room for interpretation about what he thought of

Charles' behaviour. He had answered with an innocent look of what you want trying to play it off. After that he had backed off a little bit. Only a little bit.

Then the weekend started and he had expected to get a message from Fayen asking for her entrance passes. He didn't. Instead Pierre came by his hotel room to pick up the pass before meeting with his sister. Charles will never admit that this stung him more than it should have.

Luckily Miami was in such chaos that he was quickly distracted with his driver duties. Interviews and filming content for the Ferrari socials kept him busy enough in the times between training, analysing data and meetings with the team.

Charles grew more restless after the first training. He could ban Fayen from his mind for the time being, but the fact that the car was a piece of work did not sit well with him at all. The team tried a lot to get the car up to speed, but by the time practice two rolled around the car was moving even more and he couldn't do anything when he lost control and he ended up in the wall.

His annoyance and anger only grew after qualifying the day after. He was too eager. Wanted too badly. When he crashed the car for the second time that weekend he let out a frustrated groan. Everything was going wrong and this was completely on him.

Now Saturday evening he doesn't want to engage with anyone. He has stayed late to look over the data and try to figure out the blemishes on the car so he can be prepared for them or even avoid them with all his power. When he is finally drained he makes his way out of the Ferrari garage. While he is so wrapped in thought he didn't notice someone leaning against the wall next to the entrance.

"Hey Percy!" The short shout startles Charles as he recognizes the voice it came from. He furrowed his eyebrows, turning back to see Fayen push herself off the wall. Charles takes her in not knowing what to make of her presence here.

She is wearing a white top with flowy beige pants. Her usual high heels swapped out for a pair of flat sandals. The sunglasses resting in her hair complete her 'vacation' look. Her face is made up lightly and the slow smile playing on her lips has Charles swallowing a little heavier as his throat gets dry. He waits for her as she walks over to him, her hands resting in her pockets.

"What are you doing here?" It comes out more accusing than Charles wanted it to.

"Hello to you too," Fayen responds, shaking her head lightly. "I was waiting for you." She holds next to him and looks him up and down as if to assess his mood.

Charles' can't help it when his face falls in an expression of total amazement. His eyebrows disappearing in his hairline and his head retracting into his neck as he gazes at the woman in front of him. Who on her turn rolls her eyes.