𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

"Welcome back! How have you been? I feel like I barely even heard about your exciting weekend, you need to tell me everything before we go."

Grace hugs her friend when she opens the door and drags Fayen inside, closing the door behind her and looping their arms together so she can guide Fayen to the kitchen. Not that she doesn't know the layout of Grace's apartment by heart, having been here so many times, but the closeness is nice and Fayen is grateful that she gets the chance to talk about it.

Because it had been an interesting weekend indeed. After the race on Sunday she had flown back to Paris during the night. Her brother had protested that she should not fly alone and wait for him, but Fayen needed to be back in the office on Monday to prepare for a campaign shooting that was taking place today.

Luckily she was informed the shooting would take place in Monaco and when she looked on the model list had spotted Grace's name there. She couldn't even consider picking up the phone before she had a text from her friend demanding that she came early so they had time to catch up. She had happily obliged because she missed her friend and spending time together was quite difficult to accomplish with their full schedules.

"I've been okay, mostly preparing for tonight and office work this week so I had it easy for once," Fayen answers and sits down at the kitchen bar, watching her friend preparing drinks.

Grace turns around, mid action and pulls up a brow. "That is not what I am asking, but good for you."

Fayen looks up, tilting her head and sighing dramatically. "If you want to know something, you only need to ask."

Grace nods her head to the balcony, drinks in hand to sign for Fayen to follow her outside.

Now spring was well on their way and summer almost here the weather in Monaco was amazing. Stepping onto the balcony the blonde closes her eyes, tilting her head towards the sun to soak up the rays into her golden skin. Fayen follows her example, happy that she can spend most of her free time outside again.

She hears Grace sitting down at her chair and putting down the glasses. "I did ask, I said 'tell me everything'. You hardly even texted me! I needed to get all my updates from Lando."

Fayen laughs jeeringly, looking at her friend who has an accusing expression on her face. "As if there was so much to update you on."

"No, that is the whole point."

"Well, sorry to disappoint but it was just a normal race weekend," Fayen shrugs before sitting down. "I spend most of the time with Kika hanging out in the lounge, talking to people I know, dodging kym all weekend and trying to just enjoy myself." She takes a sip from her water trying to sound casual. She watches the roof terraces of the apartment on the lower levels of the city. There were lots of people lounging in the sun, enjoying the coming of summer.

"And the event thursday?" Grace's voice drags a little, encouraging Fayen to talk about it. "Lando told me you went off as soon as Charles came around."

Fayen sighs, throwing her head in her neck to buy herself some time to decide what she was going to say about this. Yes, she had snuck away to avoid Charles only for him to find her in an uncomfortable situation. This seemed to be a recurring theme with the two of them. As if the man was a magnet to bad situations and mostly situations that Fayen found herself in. It was a coincidence the first time, but Fayen needs to admit he had a nose for knowing when she needed help. It was infuriating.

"I didn't 'went off'," Fayen scowls, making air quotes with her fingers. "I just had a job to do there and couldn't stand around all evening with people I already know. It's literally my job to mingle at those events!" She sounded defensive, which she actually was, but who could blame her. She had a reasonable excuse for leaving the group of drivers on their own after making small talk.