𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

Fayen can still feel his hands on her hips, her cheeks, everywhere. It was a constant, following her around all week. The feeling of his rough lips that somehow still felt incredible on hers and the pure hunger that had rushed through her body. A storm raging in every nerve. She had forgotten where she had started and he began. It was a primal urge and she had not been able to stop herself.

She had fled. Like a scared, little, coward, she had run from him not wanting to acknowledge what Charles had released in her. It had been a purely physical attraction. A combination of build-up tension and alcohol that just had to find a release. Now that it found it Fayen thought she could shrug it off and act like it never happened. Unfortunately for her Charles had followed her.

He had not physically followed her. After she had fled, heart racing, body covered in sweat and head lost among the stars, she had found Grace. Fayen had told her best friend she felt like shit and climbed into an Uber faster than Charles had been able to come after her. She did not know if he had tried but if he did he was too late. She went back to the hotel and flew back to Paris early the next morning.

He hadn't texted her. He hadn't called her. The whole week following Charles had gone radio silent. It wasn't like Fayen had tried to contact him either. She didn't know what she would even tell him. She didn't even know what exactly happened. But she could feel him, can still feel him.

Even now, standing in her kitchen to prepare tea for Grace who is waiting in the living room, she can feel his hands on her hips and the skin of her neck tingles as if his lips are still grazing the surface. It is maddening.

Fayen scratches the skin that has the phantom feeling, trying to get rid of it for a couple of seconds like she had done a lot the last week. She lifts the tray while taking a breath and walks back to where her friend is waiting for her.

"Here we go," she says, setting down the tray on the small table. Grace had put on the television in the meantime and it showed Will Buxton explaining something from the pitlane. She can't hear what he is saying because of the muted device. Not that she particularly cares all that much, her head being occupied by a certain dark-haired man. Fayen hopes fiercely he won't be in the pre-race interviews today.

She plops down next to Grace very unceremoniously and takes her tea mug into her hands, passing the second to her friend. Fayen tugs her feet underneath her and blows into her mug, staring mindlessly at the screen.

"So," Grace starts when she has also picked up her tea and turns to Fayen. "I have told everyone that your birthday will be held at my place in Monaco. You can stay the night at mine and then fly out to Belgium in the morning with me and Lando or take your own plane later, what do you want?"

Fayen sighs deeply and lets her head hang. Right, she had forgotten about her birthday that Grace had volunteered to plan for her. With what happened in England she had completely thrown herself into work and Grace is so capable of handling everything that she hadn't asked her anything. She had wanted to plan a surprise party but Fayen would bite her head off if she did, and she knew this, so she opted for organizing the whole thing.

"Ace, I don't know if-"

"No! You're not backing out." Grace widens her eyes in warning. "You promised. And you're turning 25, that's a big deal."

Fayen sighs before taking a sip from her still way to hot tea, almost burning her tongue. The heat reminds her of... well. She cuts off that though, having promised herself to block him from her mind. She turns to the TV to distract herself but finds herself looking at the concentrated face of the man she was trying so hard to ban from her mind. Damn, he looked hot. But also he looked exhausted. To anyone else, he might have looked like he always does, but Fayen can't help but notice the light bruises under his eyes. His hair is wilder than normal and he could use a couple hours of sleep.