Ch. 71 - Furby: Civil War

(A/N: have an art with this fabulous chapter you waited patiently for <3)

***

As Quart and Fresh shared a glance processing what they had witnessed in that back alley, Fresh received a whisper in the game chat.

Tiffa Ray: *Alpha Time. Furbs. Come

Fresh: *omw

Fresh furrowed his brows at how hurried the message was. It must be serious if she thought to ask him for help in the first place.

Fresh pulled out his phone and texted Ink at the same time as he spoke to Quart.

Fresh: *Might B a bit.

"Sorry 'bout the furby, broski." Fresh said, pocketing his phone. "Somethin' might be off with them at the mo. Though it do be kinda hard ta tell what the norm for the lil' guys be. Wanna join ta find out, broski?"

The Quart in red blinked. "like, off world?"

Quart has never been off world before.

"Yeah, why not?" Fresh shrugged.

However ... Quart looked at the slightly dented dumpster. He was barely able to hold his own against an injured, non violent one, for 5 minutes.

"... nah. i don't think i'll be much help. thanks for the offer though."

"No P, brollio." Fresh smiled and gave a small salute. "Good luck in UnderHacked, yo! Some o' my friends may be stopping by, sooner or later."

Fresh poofed away and Quart was left wondering what kind of friends he would be dealing with.

***

Elsewhere in UnderHacked, Ink did not receive Fresh's message, having forgotten his phone at the Star Sans Base.

He was wandering between buildings that serve multiple purposes, absently ate his fair foods as he took in the cool building and logo designs, looking for the next thing to occupy his time. There was anything from cafe's, to interior skateparks, to Arcades-

Ink did a double take as he passed the large opening to the arcade, seeing a familiar skeleton laughing at one of the zombie shooter games a little way into the building. His back was to the entrance.

"Die abomination, d-d-d-die!"

"... Error?"

The dark skeleton paused, before slowly turning away from the digital violence with a blank expression - weather out of shock or caution Ink didn't know.

Multicolored eyelights met multicolored eyelights.

The two staired not knowing what to say to break the awkward silence.

***

A short time ago, the Alpha Timeline was peaceful.

Birds were singing. Flowers were blooming.

It was with sorrow that such a moment would turn to hell.

Tiffa was searching the codes for various hidden mechanics and menus. So far she had mostly discovered mini-games in the last few minutes offering items that ranged from common, ridiculous or super OP depending on the game difficulty. Most of them came from UnderHacked, of which she had been instantly curious about, even knowing its purpose. Before then she had been having much more difficulty finding anything.

It was easier to sift through all the code now that she had found a work around for the limiter only allowing access to the AU one was currently in. Even if it took a bit of creativity, it was worth it.