Ch. 59 - Dreams Come True

(A/N: Nightmare Dream fluff so fluffy you may cry =) )

***

Killer came out of his portal into Nightmare's Castle with a sputtering Dream in his hold.

This, understandably, gained a few double takes from the other gang members. Especially the spies.

Red and Lust scrabbling over the back of the couch and out of sight, falling into a suggestive position with a muffled thump. Red covered Lust's mouth with a glare before he could utter a word about the situation. Lust's eye sockets still crinkling with suggestive mirth regardless. Sci meanwhile had taken cover under the food table, the table cloth hiding him well enough ... though he lost a slipper just outside his spot in his haste.

Surprisingly, Dream didn't see who they were. Though it was clear he noticed they were there, even with the rest crowding closer in amused disbelief and taking his attention off it. There were a lot of things said at once.

"... why do you have dream, mate." Horror deadpanned, British shining through. "... this is a pants idea."

"pffft- mweh hehehehe!" Cross was trying to stifle his swap-like laugh at the expression on Dreams face.

"oh dog, this is hilarious!" Dust cheerfully snapped a picture, assuming Killer kidnapped Dream. "nightmare's gonna be pissed!"

Nightmare exited his own dark portal with an expression that showed how done he was with the situation, despite it not even having started. He sighed as he was also subjected to a barrage of questions, before straightening.

"Alright everyone, listen up." Nightmare spoke, not needing to raise his voice to gain their attention.

Killer let down a pouty Dream that was examining the messy area of what seemed like it's intended purpose was a large Throne Room.

The room was clearly set up for some sort of party or gathering that had been interrupted. A table for drinks and food, another with board games and chairs. It was fairly messy, as if a scuffle had occurred, but with there being silly string residue littered about, Dream figured it was probably not a serious fight. He also noted how the throne had been shoved into a corner in favor of some sort of electrical set up on top of a pile of books ... karaoke?

It was nothing like he had expected. Not that he knew what he had expected. But this domestic mess was not it. Then again, how much did he really know about the gang without the interference of Fate? Not a lot if he were honest.

Nightmare's serious voice brought his attention back from his musings.

"Dream will be visiting until a Star Council truce meeting. I want all of us to attend the negotiations and be on our best behavior. The Meeting is in 1 MV hour." Nightmare begins for everyone to be on the same page. Especially those who weren't there.

Dust raised his hand and Nightmare sighed.

"Yes?"

"willingly?" Dust asked. "we didn't, like, kidnap him?"

"Yes, willingly."

"and the council will believe that?" Dust pointed out.

"... Blue has it handled."

"It was actually Nighty's idea." Dream said with a smile.

Nightmare looked at the familiar architecture of the room. Not at all to distract himself from the knowing looks the gang gave him when he didn't automatically shoot down the nickname, like he would if it were anyone else.

"While Dream and I talk, I want you four to clean up this room." There was the predictable bemoaning of the hated task 'cleaning.' "As for the three of you trying to hide." There was a bang under the table as Sci jumped. "Head to my office to start with ideas for negotiation. I will join you later to further explain the situation and review your work."