Ch. 21 - Playable Characters

As soon as Snasy and Spiffy selected *Play Fresh's Game, they were sent to a new screen.

Shaking white letters appeared on a black screen.

<Welcome to Survey Program Two>

<You accept everything that will happen from now on?>

<Yes / No>

Each of their Hacker souls appeared on the same menu. Green and Purple, both brimming with scrolling code.

"Well someone knows how to cover their bases." Snasy smirked, leaning back. They took a sip of their gatorade.

"Is that a reference to Deltarune?" Spiffy asked.

Snasy snapped their fingers. "Oh! That makes sense. Chapter 2 came out recently." They shrugged. "Welp, we've made it this far."

They hit *Yes, and are sent to the next screen. Spiffy hesitated a moment longer on the beginning screen.

Of course, the second monitor was open to the codes for safety ... and curiosity. Even if they weren't going to hack, it wouldn't hurt to look for more hidden puzzles, now would it? Also useful for scanning for malicious malware in the background.

Spiffy sighed but followed Snasy's lead, also hitting enter on the *Yes option.

<A name has already been chosen>

Enter.

<Player order has already been chosen>

Enter.

<Now is the time to create a vessel>

Enter.

They were sent to two different creation screens, titled with their names. They couldn't see what the other was doing, but they gave each other a brief description.

Snasy was given a Chara to customize, and Spiffy a Frisk. It must correspond to the player number. Like how Mario was usually player 1 and Luigi, player 2.

It worked much like the intro to Delterune, only with far more options, accessories and an undo button.

"Gotta go with bowties and suspenders." Said Snasy matter of factly, after they browse some of the options.

"Why?" Spiffy asked.

"To keep with the theme of our names."

"Okay." They agreed easily. "But I say we also get hats. I also vito the use of the Undernovella mustache."

"Fair enough!" Snasy said, laughing lightly. "I think I know just the hat."

"... I feel like I know what you're going to pick."

"Up up up!" They wiggled a finger. "Let's make it a surprise reveal."

"Okay, sounds fun." Spiffy smiled.

Honestly, they probably took a lot more time than they meant to while trying out the combinations and joking around, but they did finally settle on their designs.

It was nice.

Snazzy even managed to forget about the whole maybe-possessing-Chara moment for the time being.

Snasy finished first and even started to clean their room ... well, they gathered their laundry into a more compact pile at least, and partially made their bed. It was still an improvement though. A few more Undertale items also seemed to make their way out of view of the camera - not all of it though.

When Spiffy finally finished, they both moved on together.

"Finally!" Snasy said. "I was getting bored."