Ch. 34 - The Truth is Golden

Spiffy and Snasy traded their armours as Fresh edited his clothes to be back to new before going to the next AU.

Spiffy pointed something out just as Fresh was readjusting his re-newafied jacket.

"Why didn't you just use a blaster as a shield?" They've seen it done in a number of animated fights.

Fresh staggered back dramatically. "Bruh, do ya even know what you be askin' me, man?"

He summoned two blasters to show what he meant. With rainbow strobing eye lights, each was roughly the size of a beanbag. They were surprisingly non threatening if you didn't take their razor teeth into consideration. They instantly started nuzzling Fresh like overly affectionate cats from each side, almost knocking him over. Purring brought forth a light sprinkle of confetti like drool that dissipated as it fell.

"These broskis be attacks only cuz they partially scentiant yo." Fresh affectionately gave them each head pats and chin rubs. "Some skeles blasters be more willin' than others to temporarily sacrifice 'emselves, but mine be scaredy cats and freeze, dawg. I ain't got the heart to force 'em."

Snasy's hand moved to pet one almost of its own accord to pet it but it froze at the motion and they put their hand back down disappointed. Fresh placed a hand on its head and it calmed.

"Like I said." Fresh warned. "They're shy, bro."

"Dang." Snasy said, seeing how the blaster relaxed now that they weren't trying to pet it. "I really funkin' wanted to pet one."

Fresh gave a pointed look. One that included LANG-UAGE on his shades. Even though he could censor their Avatar, he was still subjected to the original sentence through the screen.

"Sorry." Snasy said. "Bad habit."

Fresh hmmed, then nudged the blasters a little closer to the two. Expressions of betrayal on their sharp features. Ones of confusion and hope on his companions.

"Maybe just a little, broski." Fresh agreed, reluctantly. "An' don' make habit of it, yo."

Spiffy and Snasy's faces lit up and they eagerly agreed. They were both cautious, not wanting to spook them again. The blasters eventually calmed enough to start gently nudging into the pets.

"Where do they go when not summoned?" Spiffy asked, curious.

Fresh answered easily. "They dissipate into pure magic and are stored directly into muh magic. Same as other attacks, home slice. Magic is an extension of oneself."

Probably got their freeze reaction from him. He's not too good with encountering unrad situations. It probably occurred because his code spaghetti was trying to figure out what to do in some convoluted method - leading to lag.

"Then ... what about regular attacks?" Spiffy asked, leading to their previous topic. "To shield yourself."

Fresh opened his mouth about to give his reason, before realizing he didn't have a reason. His teeth clicked shut as he stroked his chin in thought.

"Don't say you didn't think of it." Snasy deadpanned.

He rubbed the back of his neck, before shrugging with a bashful smirk. What? He didn't say it.

"My gosh, you child." Snasy teased. "Next time you better not end up as a fu- as a porcupine."

Yeah, if he had to redo his clothes every time it would be inconvenient. He'd start using shields.

Fresh cleared his voice, and placed his hands together to chop the air in front of him. The blasters were dismissed.

"Well, in that case, bro-pal." Fresh said, changing topics. "Ready for the next radical AU now that your curiosity be met?"