Ch. 23 - Spiffy and Snasy Join the Game

As soon as the screen made the transition, Spiffy was suddenly seeing double. Literally.

Rather than merely seeing their new 'Vessel' appear back in Fresh's house from the screen, it was like someone had overlayed the first person pov from their created Frisk on their real life eyeballs. And not just sight. Spiffy could feel the weight of gravity, hear the sounds of laughter that petered out at their arrival.

"Holy fuck ... I didn't imagine it." Snasy - that was Snasy right? - said, somehow not freaking out.

"S-Snasy?" Spiffy asked, trying really hard not to panic, but still not quite able to form a coherent sentence. "What - how-"

They attempted to pinch their arm. Both in real life and character forms compiled.

They started to breathe funny.

Which room was spinning?

"Hey." Snasy said gently, in game self placing hand on their shoulders to comfort them. "Hey, breathe. You're okay. Just breathe. Say it with me. 'I'm okay.'"

Screw logic. Spiffy held on to their friend in this half reality and tried to calm down. Snasy hugged them back, rubbing circles on their back.

"I'm - I'm okay." They echoed back, taking slow breaths. "I'm okay ... this is just really weird."

A little more steady, they let go with a small smile and squeeze of their hand.

It had been over two years since the two had met face to face because of the pandemic and distance. The last time they met IRL was a fun convention where they dressed as their favorite Sans's - Snasy as Fresh and Spiffy as Error. Snasy kept saying 'I'm not touching you' while hovering a finger really close, trying to get them to crack up.

The two may have only met because of an Undertale forum, but they were really close ... despite the distance.

"Thanks ... I'm okay now." Spiffy said, giving a shy smile.

They finally began looking around their surroundings and noticed for the first time in full HD how Chara and Frisk looked. Frisk seemed really interested in them but Chara was a little more cautious.

*Umm ... hello. Frisk signed hesitantly.

Before Spiffy could admit to not knowing sign language, the text box appeared for their real self in the game. They had almost forgotten that POV with how odd it was being in the game and their moment of panic. At least a language barrier won't be a problem.

They absently noticed Gasters sprite in the door to the kitchen watching their interactions.

"... Hi." Spiffy said, not really knowing what else to say. They noticed they also had a text box now. Mentally they facepalmed because, obviously - Snasy had that happen when they ... possessed Chara ... and Spiffy thought it was a joke ...

Now they felt a little guilty.

"Uh ... sup?" Snasy said with an awkward two finger salute.

The awkward silence dragged on until Chara spoke up.

"So you're the alien that possessed me." Chara said to Sansy, not at all humoring any form of small talk. Not like the Void has any weather to comment on anyway.

*I was expecting something more ... alien. Frisk admitted.

"One, it was an accident." Snasy said. "And two, we don't really look like this. We are human though. These are just ... Vessels they were called. For psudo-souls? Maybe? Souls are more metaphorical for us in our universe." They theorized and explained on the spot.