Ch. 7 - Just a Hint of Angst

Fate, to be technical, is what one might call a 'petty bitch.'

Even as Chaos was watching the portal comfortably with popcorn laughing at the game Fresh thought up, Fate was planning her revenge on that creature for daring to punch her son's innocent face.

However, she soon discovered that her strings could not bind him - that his Fate was a blank slate ... as was his Destiny. It was unnerving. Every creature of the multiverse was under her sway! No resident of this multiverse was outside her grasp, save those few above her clearance level, like those beyond the Wall or from other multiverses.

Even her sister could not disobey her, Fate!

It must have been a bug - and by how patched together, confusing and unintuitive his code was (she couldn't understand half of it!) it was a possibility. It looked like some amature hacker slapped some code together with all the duplicated coding and redundancies - what even was that math? Nothing was labeled, half of it was deactivated, or uncompleted, things were out of order and - was that a Command Bar!?

And to top it off, every three seconds some things would glitch and shuffle, making reading a nightmare. The very code was coded! Why!?

Whoever did this was either very, very good at hiding their intentions ... or an absolute idiot.

God's and deities, just glancing at it gave her a headache - the flashes of neon just made it worse. It was, she dare say, worse than Errors. She couldn't even tell if it was in a Hacker's control or not. Hackers were really starting to be a problem that she hoped would go away - she'd been ignoring their influx and will continue to do so.

Wasn't her job. She might not know whose job it was but they have been doing horribly lately! Maybe she'll visit Error later to let off some steam. He was overdue for a lashing, that freak, thinking he could take breaks to 'heal.' She couldn't see what her sister saw in him.

Fate came to a conclusion: if she couldn't bind him, she would edit those around him. She smiled as the souls didn't even notice the intrusion as she made a minor change to the AU's ending.

Ink might be sad for a while at losing his new friends, but he would get over it - he didn't like to use the negative paints unless it was over an AU's loss rather than its inhabitants.

How practical, Fate praised.

Besides, Fate knew he would just forget eventually.

As for this 'Fresh' ... well ... she didn't care as long as he hurt - died, even.

It's not like he was part of a balance.

She locked the codes and smiled, looking back to the portal.

Chaos gave her a disapproving look having seen what she had done. As the youngest deity and acting god of Reapertale, they couldn't go against Fate even if they wanted to.

Yet that somehow didn't stop the little hellspawn from swapping out her and other deities' shampoos and other things, over all causing their name sake to spread among the Deity Realm.

She wished Void had never had the idea to lead them here. He normally didn't take action as the oldest, so it was a surprise when he showed up with the 'child.'

Somehow she had been swindled into babysitting them while they visited this time.

Fate rolled their eyes at the pouty Chara and watched the show.

Fate would admit the jab about not needing a mum hurt - her punishment for not reprimanding her child and her tampering with his memory was him forgetting her as his parent.