Ch. 10 - Update AdminFresh.exe?

Dream is certain Inks impulsiveness and boundless curiosity was going to get them killed one day. Simple as that.

Does he not know a threat when he sees it? Or does he just not care?

The answer is simple really. Dream knew this was mostly because Ink drank purple even less than blue.

The creator literally had no fear. It was all a Game to him.

And that put both himself, and his allies at risk. It was a large point of conflict between the three friends. Dream has only managed to convince him to be fully on his paints once, and while he was better at recognizing danger and taking caution, he was still impulsive, curious, and childish ... and that's when Dream learned the creator actually had a lot of fears.

The color white, isolation, being forgotten, forgetting or losing his friends, people secretly hating him ... and being fully off his paints.

Dream had only seen him low on paints and it hadn't been pretty. He acted purely on logic to complete whatever goal he set his mind to before he lost his (already somewhat lacking) ability to empathize.

He stops caring about consequences.

Luckily that hasn't happened since Blue became part of the team.

Back in the present, both Blue and Dream shared startled looks as the small skeleton ran down the hall toward the potentially very dangerous, emotionless and unknown skeleton.

The two began to struggle out of the blankets to make it in time.

There was a thump as one of them fell over in their haste.

***

Back with Fresh, he had just Poofed to the bathroom.

Logically, if he wants to keep his job a secret, they can't be asking too many questions - leaving would make them wonder where he went and he can't answer 'the Void.' Therefore he needed to be here to recode himself.

The down side is they'll know he has weird powers, but not necessarily what or why. He would also be setting a magical beacon at the Star Council Base by removing his shades, but that wasn't a concern to keeping his job on the down low.

But before he removed his shades and began to recode himself, he had to make sure he wasn't being watched. He probably should have done it last time, but he doubted anyone else could have actually understood his code.

Not that he knew Fate had a habit of watching the multiverse like a soap opera or something before seeing the details of his penalty. Weird, but everyone has hobbies.

So, with the practice that took three hours in order to drop a summoned paint bucket on Ink (what? It was worth it), Fresh used his commands mentally. He noted it was a lot easier without his emotions to distract him.

/fourth wall false

He was immediately met with a translucent screen with two people shown watching him. Above their heads floated their status and name.

*deity, Fate

*deity/god, Chaos

He turned to them, lowering his shades with a cruel smile.

"Don' ya know it's unrad ta peek on someone in the bathroom, brosephs?"

They were both startled. Fate even fell off her chair and Chaos dropped their popcorn on her - by accident was debatable. Fresh would have laughed if he could feel amused.

/set portal viewing false

The portal was forced shut to complete the jump scare.

/code lock true