Ch. 41 - Fight ...?

So there they were. Ax3 and Fresh verses Zane.

Zane had the first move. He took his time to pump himself up, shaking his hand out beyond the screen and taking a drink as he talked to chat.

He appeared giddy at the fight.

"This is it chat." Zane said, with a smile. "This is my only AU so if I lose this, we are back to square one. God I wish I could just dive into the game." He ducked under the desk and came back up with a pair of boxing gloves over his one shoulder. "I think I'm ready now." He smirked.

Fresh read the scrolling chat.

*he got the gloves!

*gloves!

*the gloves come out

*serious mode engage!

... must be a thing he did for chat hype.

Ax3 had used the time to get access into viewing the other's desktop.

The background of his feed was heavily boxing themed. There was even a boxing anime poster. Fresh thinks he recognises it as Hajimi no Ippo.

Prep done, Zane FIGHTS, his weapon being that of boxing tape. Super effective against boxes!

Fresh dodges. Then taunts.

"Ya really think I'm gonna up and stand there, broski?"

Fresh with hands in pockets retaliates at the default red soul, getting in some good hits and following it up with bones.

Fresh was really proud. He managed to get Zane down to the required HP first try!

Zane swore.

"Sorry chat. The patterns are new."

Ah. Right. Them.

Chat.

Fresh would have to deal with that before he converted the soul. It'd be pretty rude to expose the Hackers soul like that for the 53 people watching.

"Twitch streamer, huh." Fresh chuckled darkly. "Guess some unrad sickos like to watch."

Jump scaring them with the same sound end geno Chara uses and leaking magic out of his shades, Fresh ended their stream.

Ax3 gave a nervous laugh at the show, glad Fresh forgave him.

Ax3 took his turn and simply spared Zane, moving the fight on.

Zane was distracted with trying to get the stream starting again.

"Hey big, dude." Fresh said, getting Zanes attention with the text sound. "Your move, broslice." Fresh smiled.

Zane hesitated, peaking through some of the codes and seeing as Fresh had complete access to his computer and nothing could keep him out, Zane paled.

Of course Fresh didn't destroy or break any firewalls. He simply ... saw around them. With the Fourth Wall down, it was a lot easier than actually Hacking the guy. Even his antivirus didn't notice Fresh because, Fresh, himself, was another form of antivirus.

He was like a backdoor incarnate.

The fact that Zane spotted him in there at all showed just how skilled he was. Even Ax3 hadn't noticed. And if Snasy did, they didn't mention it.

Zane spared Fresh. Clearly afraid of what Fresh might do to retaliate beyond the Encounter.

"Aw broseph~" Fresh said, "You shouldn't have, dawg."

Now that it was his turn, he stepped into the box and just like with Ax3, he touched the soul. Red flaked away to reveal orange.

Bravery.