Ch. 44 - Hold Onto Your Dreams

Fresh dropped in on Inks living room of the Star Sans, startling a Dream sitting beside a sleeping Ink. He seemed to be holding something.

"Wh-Who are you!?" Dream shouted.

Ah right. Fresh was still wearing a different outfit. But did that really warrant confusion?

It was amazing Ink slept through that exclamation though. Must be a deep sleeper.

"Yo broski it's ya boy Fresh, dawg!" He fired off some finger guns, setting the AU blueprints on the table. "Muh disguise really that radically good, broseph?"

Dream blinked before relaxing marginally. "Oh Fresh. Sorry. Most Outcodes stick to one travel outfit to help identify each other." He looked over the outfit. "You're disguised as a kid trying to disguise himself as an adult?"

Did that mean he could ditch the stripes? Nice!

Fresh chuckled lightly. "Somethin' along those lines, my positive pal. What'ch ya got there, fem boy?"

While Dream sputtered at that particular nickname, Fresh in his curiosity plucked the object from Dream's hands instantly recognising it.

"Yo. Is this-?" Fresh began.

"Error's string." Dream confirmed. "I ... think he dropped Ink off? But, that just doesn't make sense! Ink's always said-"

"He was out for the unradical total destruction of the multiverse?" Fresh asked, not surprised.

Dream pointed to Fresh in exclamation. "Exactly!"

"Did Error bro ever up and say that himself?"

Dream deadpans. "He's always on about how we're all anomalies and don't deserve to exist."

Fresh hummed. That had to be Fate's influence. Honestly, Fresh had just about enough evidence to revoke her access, but he would hold off. They were deities. He would give them a little more leniency. There had to be a reason for it, right?

But if there wasn't ... Fate wouldn't be having a good time, he knew. He didn't care if he needed to break into the Deity Realm to personally give her a slap. She would feel his wrath.

Outwardly, his expression stayed calm.

"Well." Fresh said, trying to reason to Dream. "If total demo really be his unrad goal, why don't he just go for the original AU's, home slice?"

"What do you mean?" Dream asked, confused.

BL-INK.

"Did Inky never say that if a gnarly original goes down it takes it's rad copies with it?"

Dream blinked rapidly in shock. "It what? "

While Dream wasn't surprised that Ink might have forgotten to mention things, he was surprised it was something so important. They had known each other for centuries!

"Yeah, dude." Fresh said, sitting on the arm of the coach. "The copies be too close to their big brother original, so if big boy goes down, it draws the rest in like an unrad black hole, yo. Which makes no sense how Error wouldn't have up and started there if he really goin' for it all, brolio."

"H-How do you know this?" Dream asked.

Fresh glanced at the still sleeping Ink before back to Dream.

"Can ya keep a secret bro?"

Dream hesitated before nodding.

"I can see and manipulate code, broski." Fresh admitted, pretty sure Dream already suspected it from the bathroom incident. "I saw it, bro." Fresh said, imitating an explosion with his fingers. "And from what I can guess of Error, he can see it too. Yet." Fresh held up a finger. "He doesn't go for the big originals like Underswap, yo. So what does Error truly want?"