Ch. 33 - A Tiny Band Aid

Dropping in on their unexpecting universe targets in a more than literal sense, the three ended up letting go of each other as they ended up in a pile.

Fresh and Snasy managed to land on the back of a lanky orange clade skeleton with a fluffy hood causing him to headplant between the feet of his human. Spiffy meanwhile managed to end up straddling the small and blushing red eyed human in red and black.

The Chara froze when they saw Spiffy's (a Frisk's) face, though the bright colors probably confused them. Even the ghost Frisk was baffled, giving a shrug to Chara to confirm they had no idea either. Chara scowled at the dead child, who returned to masking how they felt.

If it wasn't clear by now, they were in SwapFell.

Fresh meanwhile was the first to manage to sit up, now straddling the Papyrus by the spine, only to be met with a ring of sharpened bones surrounding the area, trapping them all in and to prevent running. Fresh could easily tell it was the Papyrus's magic.

Muffled words were spoken by said lanky skeleton, seeing face was still shoved in the snow.

"Mind layin' that on me again, broski?" Fresh asked.

Papyrus paused, then snorted. He lifted a smirking skull.

"i said." Papyrus repeated. "drop-ins are by a-point-ment only." His tone turned less teasing. "state your business, bub. me an' the human were havin' a little chat."

Chara looked bone tired and world weary when he mentioned that.

Cautiously and not making any sudden or unbroadcasted movements, they all got up.

A quick peek in the code's past showed that the farthest the 'chat' had progressed was facial expressions as they were forced to abide by the script. All that passive aggression would have built up until the script ended. And by then, Papyrus (and apparently also the Sans) would be able to get revenge for the geno loops and be frustrated enough to act on it, sending them into a new loop of an already RAM deficient AU.

As such, interfering here checked off quite a few job requirements. Protect the balance, prevent toxic situations from escalating and Hacker management namely.

"Tha's what we're here for bro-pal!" Fresh said, giving not-to-spontaneous jazz hands. "Them recent unradical geno loops - all 2310 o' them - not be them there dude/dudettes fault, yo."

"... who are you?" Papyrus finally asked.

"Names Fresh!" Fresh said, giving finger guns.

"And I'm Snasy!" They posed with hands on their hips.

Spiffy just raised their hand as if in class shyly. "Spiffy ..."

"And together." Fresh concluded, with an exaggerated bow. "Us radical peeps here are here to fix any mistreatment to the multiversal timelines caused by unradical third party extraterrestrial intervention."

He held out his hands to both the human and skeleton to shake - they hesitantly did. Papyrus even took down the barrier of bones. But it was clear he could just as easily bring it back.

"au's, huh." Papyrus muttered under his breath.

Snasy snorted and slapped Fresh on the shoulder. "Stop calling Hackers and Players aliens. I don't care how close it is to being true."

Fresh gripped his sternum as if injured, shades changing to say OU-CH.

"But bro." Fresh said, pretending to swoon, leaning his weight heavily onto Snasy. "How will I keep up muh gnarly appearance as some radical lunatic 90's conspiracy nut?"