Ch. 38 - An Old Face

With another Hacker down, Fresh only had over 1 hour and a half left of the 10 he started with for the final one.

After that Hacker though ... Tiffa had to take a break. He understood. He kinda wanted a break too. And a nap.

She took her leave, teleporting back to the Alpha Timeline herself as Fresh looked for an easier target. One where he wouldn't need to think too much. Then he noticed a user name. A familiar one.

Ax3 was logged on again.

They were in one of the newest Servers ... that didn't exist when Fresh banned them from them all. Rather than the game.

Oops.

***

Meanwhile at the Secret Karaoke party things were interesting.

"you guys know Fresh is only a day old right?" Cross asked, gossiping over his choco milk.

"WHAT!?"

Lust covered his mouth. "i knew they were young but daaamn."

"how the fuck do you know?" Red asked.

Cross took a sip of his chocolate milk. "happened to see it in his code."

Error was playing cat's cradle by himself.

"Huh." Error contemplated, bone brow raised. "W-W-W-Well he did say he w-w-w-was new to the job. Gods forged by d-d-d-deities tend to be older from the moment we're c-c-c-c-created if they're in a hurry."

He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Everyone was looking at him.

He messed up the string pattern. "W-W-W-What?"

"WELL, WHEN HE GETS BACK WE SHOULD WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Blue exclaimed. "WHAT WAS THE DATE ON THE MULTIVERSAL CALENDAR AGAIN?" he asked Sci.

"april 20th." He answered, adjusting his glasses.

"... should i bake a cake?" Horror asked.

"i'll help!" Dust volunteered, mischief written on his face. "killer watch the drinks."

"k."

"No." Nightmare was quick to deny. Those two were trouble in the kitchen.

***

Eventually after they got over their surprise, things had been set up and they were pulling a few suggested songs from the top hat.

That dreaded hat.

You pull out a name, write a suggestion and put it back in. Order is by random draw.

They were making steady pace.

Error Was to sing Stutter by Marianas Trench.

"N-N-N-Not funny." He glared out from the stage but sung along regardless. And after a grumpy start he actually started to get into it.

Next, Lust sang Good As Hell by Lizzo, nailing it and even dancing to the beat. He blew kisses and got a few wolf whistles and laughs with the moves he pulled. He was a 'dancer' from his universe after all.

Nightmare was a different story. He got progressively more emotional singing Mr Sandman with his velvet voice.

"Mr Sandman. Send me a Dream ... the most b-beautiful, you've ever seen ..."

... Eventually he needed to leave the stage.

Which brings us to Horror singing Tequila!

Do do-do-DO do doo-do~