Ch. 48 - Check In

After correcting the mislabeled Mafiafell's title, Fresh made his way through Waterfall of a specific Undertale. He followed the sound of a piano - not quite making music, but trying very hard to.

Passing Shyrine with the tilt of his hat, he made his way into the Piano Room, pocketing his phone after he finished sending a message.

There he saw a little Frisk, chin barely up to the keys as they tried to hit the notes necessary for the hidden passageway. They wore a frilly pink tu-tu and still had their starter stick.

"Knock knock." Fresh said, catching their attention.

They flinched when they heard him but brightened when they saw who it was.

"Mr. Fresh!" Fresh ran over and gave him a hug. They looked up with happy tears not quite falling.

"Heyo Kiddo." Fresh said, messing their non goppy hair. "What's up muh little buckeroo?"

They giggled, pulling Fresh to the piano. "M tryin' to get the door open, but I forgot the notes."

Fresh smiled at their enthusiasm. "Hmm ... seems like a real pickle, yo." Fresh puts his phalanges over the keys. "Was it ... dis?"

He started to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Frisk laughed with a drawn out, "Nooo."

"Den what about ..." Fresh said smirking, changing it to Mary Had A Little Lamb.

They squealed another. "No!"

"How 'bout." Fresh played Flight of The Bumblebee.

Frisk watched in awe how his fingers flew over the piano.

When he was done, they looked over to the door.

"It didn' work." Frisk pointed out.

"I guess you're right, huh, little broski." Fresh gave them another nuggy. Fresh received a message and he read it. "Hey Frisky business." Fresh knelt down to be more their height. "Ya wanna meet a friend o' mine? He's a real good listener, yo. Real smart about feelings."

Frisk gripped their tu-tu as they looked to the ground putting a lot of thought into it. "Are they nice? They won't fight?"

Fresh nodded, holding out a pinky. "They just wanna talk, broseph."

Shyly, the child accepted the pinky promise. Fresh brought them to the nearest door in the area, which happened to be the secret passage into the room with the Artifact.

"Ya know what be in this rad room here?" Fresh asked.

They nodded. "A ball."

Fresh's smile softened. "That's right yo. A magic ball. But that's not where we're going."

They brightened. "Shortcut?"

"Sort of." Fresh said. "We're going to a nice place called the Omega Timeline. All you gotta do is think o' the place and open any door ta get there. Anyone can do it!" Fresh gave jazz hands and the kid looked excited.

"Even me? I can shortcut?" Frisk looked at the door with determination. "But ... it's locked."

"Is it?" Fresh said amused and poked Frisk in the shoulder. "Why don't you try?"

Frisk steeled their face and walked up to the door and pushed.

Nothing happened.

Frisk gave a pouty expression at Fresh and Fresh tried not to laugh.

"We're ya thinking of the Omega Timeline, short stuff?"

Realization crossed them as they hurriedly tried again, this time it opened to an expanse of white with buildings and life in the distance.

They both walked through and Fresh had Frisk take note of which door they had entered from as doors stretched as far as they could see left and right, occasionally having people enter and exit from them.

After all, you could only leave from the door you came in if you couldn't portal around their firewalls like Fresh (or a really, really, really determined Hacker).

In the distance, Core Frisk led a Papyrus in a pink turtleneck in their direction. Fresh held the younger Frisks hand as they walked out to meet them.

"You that Dr. Pink broski?" Fresh asked as Frisk partially hid behind his back.

"Indeed." Dr. Pink confirmed, speaking lower than the usual Papyrus so as to not startle the small Frisk. He knelt down to be less intimidating and spoke to Frisk. "Hello Little One. What Nickname Shall I call you?"

"... Chibi." Fri- Chibi answered.

It was the nickname they and Fresh had come up with when giving his phone number, because they were so tiny.

"Nice To Meet You Chibi." Holding out a hand for Frisk to shake. "Would You Like To Come With Me For Nice Cream?"

Frisk brightened before looking at Fresh as if for permission.

"Go ahead, broski." Fresh said. "Dr. Pinks gonna give ya a rad time." Fresh pointed back at the door. "Ya can always go home ta Sans and Paps, kay, kiddo?" Fresh ruffled their hair. "I gotta go do work stuff, shorty. Catch ya later."

Fresh waved as the two walked off, Chibi waving back and they went. Core stayed by Fresh's side.

"Thought you was at that party, yo." Fresh commented.

"I am and I am not." They answered. "I can only be corporeal at one place at a time. But time itself is flexible."

Fresh nodded, understanding.

When he looked back at them they were gone. Probably back at the party properly.

Fresh took a second to decide how he was going to go about checking in with all the AU's Ax3 effected. He really didn't want to have the conversation over and over.

Maybe he could just take them all at once to his house. That seems the fastest.

Poofing back to his Void home, Fresh plans to tidy up a little, maybe set out a snack platter in prep.

He really should have expected that the furbies would have gotten worse.

But that wasn't even the most surprising part.

They had multiplied.

Was this like a gremlins sort of deal? Fresh hoped not.

They didn't notice Fresh yet.

The smoke probably had something to do with.

It was coming from the on fire couch.

Chris seemed to have created some sort of mech in order to manifest his desire for T-posing as they ordered other furbies left and right. Fresh not liking the look of those weapons, even as it dispensed tea for the furbies.

Fresh decided now was not the time to ogle at the chaos and do something about it.

Fresh was getting ... annoyed. This was his home, made by his own will. He had trusted them with it. Told them not to break anything. Fresh felt ... betrayed.

The Papyrus in his code had thought they deserved a chance, could be better.

Fresh sighed as he took his sunglasses off and glared.

The furby babble petered out as they noticed him.

A shadow seemed to settle over the room as the flames flickered.

"/summon 69." Fresh commanded.

One look at the room and Fresh wasn't the only one glaring. Though 69's gaze also held something a lot more ... sadistic.

"69." Fresh said, cracking his knuckles. "Some furbies are in some mad need of some discipline, yo."

69 cackled. "Yes Master." 69 practically purred.

The furbies felt fear.