"Poor Planning.."(25)

Gregory's POV- 

Henry's house has an odd feeling to it. It feels warm presence-wise, but it's actually very cold. 

The living room has a small old fireplace,  surrounded by brick. There is wood near the fireplace, but nothing is burning. There is pictures and candles and mirrors on the mantle. 

Most everything seems to be brown, black, olive green, or a gingerbread orange. 

There's pictures on the walls, some that seem to be family pictures and others that don't seem to have much to do with the family from what I can tell.  

Evan rubs my hand with his thumb as we wait. 

I think he probably knows the surroundings here pretty well, since he seems to have no interest in looking around, and is just staring at the floor. 

Goldie just lays on the couch. 

The shaking from the ceiling fan covers up the silence. 

"I'm sorry," Evan stops rubbing my hand, and just holds it tightly. 

"What? For what?" I feel a little confused. A lot has been going on lately. But what is he apologizing for?

"I've been trying to keep you safe, but that hasn't really worked with Cassidy and everything, and I tried the option to keep you alive.." Evan sighs, "and it didn't work," 

"I'm not that upset about.. Really, I was going to die eventually anyway. And this way, at least I'll get to spend eternity with you." I shake his hand slightly. 

"Is that what you want?" Evan eyes meet mine. 

I nod, "It is." 

Evan kisses my hand and sighs, "I want that too,"

"Ahem," Henry clears his throat, standing in the doorway of the living room. "The disc is done." 

Evan stands up and walks over to Henry, taking me along with him,  since he's still holding my hand. Goldie remains on the couch. 

Henry hands Evan the disc. 

Evan looks over it for a moment before placing it on my cheek. The disc makes a clicking sound, and doesn't fall off when Evan moves his hand away. 

I feel a bit nauseous for a moment, and then it goes away. 

I look at my hands. They look normal again. 

"How do you feel?" Evan asks. 

"Odd, but normal," I take a deep breath, and realize I can breathe again, kinda. 

Henry nods, "That's good. Do you two need anything else?" 

"No." Evan lets go of my and and goes back over to the couch to pick up Goldie. 

Henry glances between me and Evan, "Okay," 

Evan grabs my hand again when he comes back, and walks past Henry towards the door. 

"Thanks," Evan calls to Henry, gesturing to the doorknob with his head, for me to open it, since he doesn't have any free-hands. 

"Come back anytime.." Henry sighs. 

I open the door, and we both go outside. 

 "So, now what?" I ask, once we are off the porch and walking out of the neighborhood. 

"We figure out what you can do, and then we figure out what to do." Evan looks across the street before turning to the right, "It's not a very good plan, but it's really all we can do." 

I nod. 

There is still a lot of things to figure out. 

-------------A/N-------------

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Short chapter that took forever to make, but the next one should be better and more meaningful. 

Thank you for your patience! Have a wonderful day/night!