"Anxiety.."(5)

Gregory's POV-

I feel a little dazed. 

I'm not sure if it's from the information overload I just got from Elizabeth, or because Evan practically dragged me out of her room--very gently, but it was confusing. 

"Welcome back," I say, once we get into Evan's room. 

"Yeah," Evan looks over me a bit too closely. He grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes, "are you okay? I don't exactly trust her too much. I just want to make sure you're safe." 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I feel my face heat up, "Uhmm.. Are you okay? You're a little--uhh.. Frazzled?" 

"Mhmm.. But you're okay, right?" His different-colored eyes look into mine with such intensity I have to look away. 

"Yes. Really, I'm alright." 

Evan sighs and lets go of my hands, "I'm sorry. I'm a little paranoid, I suppose."

"Yeahhh," Goldie calls out in agreement from the bed. "Take a few deep breaths, CC. We're here, and safe, there's no reason to panic." 

When I was talking to Elizabeth, she didn't say much about Evan, and a good portion of the few things she did say about him had been bitter. So I know those two aren't on good terms at the moment. 

Though I don't quite understand the full reaction. So there's something else to it. 

This family and secrets.. 

Evan abruptly hugs me, "just be careful." 

"I will," I hug him back. 

I feel like something is happening. I've never seen him so stressed before. 

Vanny's POV- 

This ignorant bitch. 

He still thinks I'm a hallucination and a furry. On top of that, he's annoying and won't give me any damn information. 

As much as I would like to dispose of him here, he is the best chance I have at finding my way out of these halls, so far. 

"When are you going to disappear?" He asks, following close behind me. 

"Perhaps when we get out of here." I reply. 

I can hear him sigh, "You're a very aggressive furry.  Most of my hallucinations are nice.." 

"Upsetting," I try to make my voice sound sad, but at the moment I'm too pissed to put effort into it. "Tell me more about this Michael character. Something only you know." 

"That seems a little personal." Noah mumbles. 

"Who would I tell? I'm a hallucination." I try to persuade.   

"I suppose that's true. Hmm.." Noah pauses to think. "He has an immense fear of teenagers. One day, we were walking down the street, and we saw a group of them, and he started panicking, and cried,--which he can't do, by the way, because of the way I killed him he dried out a little but and doesn't have tear ducts, so it's mostly residue oil from when I control the body, but anyway--and after he cried he-" 

I interrupt him, "Something more personal." 

"That was very personal," Noah seems offended. "Why do you need to know, anyway? You aren't real."

I sigh, "It doesn't matter. Let's just keep searching for him, alright?"

"Hmm.." Noah hums, "Okay."