"Leaving.."(23)

Evan's POV- 

It takes longer than I was fully expecting for the smoke to clear enough to see. 

Or maybe I'm just a bit worried. 

I move a bit closer to the bed. It's still hard to see, but I'm too impatient for this. 

I feel a burst of energy as something--someone. Jumps at me, pulling me into a hug. 

He's okay. 

I hug back. 

Gregory laughs slightly, "You feel weird.. More so I feel weird, and it's making you feel weird."

"Yeah, transparency.. I can get you an illusion disc for that," I take a deep breath. 

He's okay. 

Gregory nods, hugging me tighter for a moment. 

He seems mostly the same, with just a slight shift in his energy. 

"This feels a little personal," Cassidy clears their throat, standing up from the bed. 

"Let them have their moment," Charlie pats Cassidy's arm gently. 

Gregory sighs and lets go. Taking a step back. 

I place Goldie on the ground. 

"Thank you," Goldie says, moving over to the boxes by the bed, "You were suffocating me a bit there.."  

"We have stuff to do and- holy Satan I feel sick." Cassidy sits back down. 

Cindy moves away from the door and towards where Cassidy is. 

"And," Cassidy continues, "I know William is no longer in the Hell, so we have to be careful." 

Charlie nods, "We don't know where he is." 

"So we should get out of here? Or do you have something else in mind?" I ask. Looking at Gregory for a reaction to how he is handling everything. 

He seems relatively calm, despite everything that has happened. 

"Stay and deal with it." Cassidy says blankly. 

"All of us plan to stay," Charlie gestures around to Cassidy, Cindy, and herself, "Along with the kids. But it is entirely up to you two what you want to do, or if you want to go anywhere. I can alert any other intelligent creatures in the house." 

Gregory looks at me. Looking for an idea. 

I sigh, thinking. I don't want to lead him into any danger. "Well, I don't think staying is a good idea." 

"I don't want to pressure either of you, but the faster you decide, the better." Charlie glances around. 

"I'm fine with whatever you decide," Gregory mumbles to me.

"Mhm." I take Gregory's hand, and turn back to Charlie, "We'll find a spot. It would be better if I didn't tell you. Just in case."

Cassidy scoffs. "Okay. But I will hunt both your asses down if this goes worse than I already think it will, though." 

Goldie quickly moves away from the boxes, running to my leg, "Wait, I'm going with you guys, right?"

"Yes," Gregory picks him up. 

"Yay!" Goldie cheers, cuddling into Gregory's arm. 

"You better come back and help at some point," Cassidy sighs, "And I'm still expecting that energy transfer."

"I know." I reply, moving back towards the door, and taking Gregory along with me, still holding his hand. 

"That tells me nothing." Cassidy mutters under their breath. 

"What about Nightmare?" Goldie frowns, glancing at the closet door. 

"I don't think he's going anywhere," I open the door. 

"Stay safe," Charlie smiles slightly. 

Cindy waves. 

Cassidy flips us off as we leave. 

-------(Is this the first time-skip I've ever done?..)-------

Gregory's POV- 

I feel a bit dizzy, after we arrive at the house. 

Evan figured the best idea would be to fly me here, because now that I'm dead, and I don't have an illusion disc or anything, that passerby's could be confused or concerned, and it was a long distance. And it did take awhile. And I'm sure he was right. 

The house is over grown with vines and poison ivy and jasmine flowers, with grass higher than my knees, but is otherwise very pretty. 

This house is way smaller than the other one, but the other house was huge. 

It looks like no one has been here for a long time. 

Evan hits the door a few times with his shoulder to open it.  The wood on the porch and on the floors inside the house creak loudly. 

Evan sighs, "This was my mothers old summer house.. William shouldn't think to check here," 

I don't think I've ever heard him mention his mother before, "Your mother?" 

Goldie shakes his head to let me know this is a sensitive topic, and I probably shouldn't pry. 

"Yeah.." Evan nods slowly, swatting at some spider webs that were building up between the stairway and the door. 

The house was decorated on the inside, with old floral couches and wallpaper, and dusty tables and chairs. I follow behind him as he walks around the house, looking around. 

Evan touches a dining table and looks at his finger print that has been marked by the dust, "I have a lot of dusting to do." 

"I could help if you want," I suggest, gently placing Goldie on the floor. 

"No," Evan shakes his head, "I've got it. Right now it's best if you save your energy. In a little bit, I can take you to Henry's and have an illusion disc made for you." 

"Okay.." I nod slowly. I would like to help him out, but if he doesn't want the help, less work for me I guess. "Who's Henry?"

"Charlies father, and William's old coworker. After we get the disc, I think it would be a good idea to figure out what exactly you can do," Evan brushes the dust off of his finger on his sweatshirt. 

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that." 

I don't think I've fully processed I'm dead yet. 

And since when do dead people feel so alive?

I'm noticing there is in ashtray in just about every room, and the walls smell like old cigarette smoke. 

Goldie sits mostly still on the floor, trying to shake dust off of himself, but failing miserably. 

Evan quickly pulls me into a hug. It feels tight and secure. 

"I love you so much," He whispers. 

I can't help but smile, "I love you too."

"I'm so glad you're okay." Evan rubs my back lightly for a moment before letting go. 

I'm happy to be here with him. 

He picks up Goldie and brushes him off to help remove the dust. 

"Thank you," Goldie seems happy, too. 

Evan kisses my forehead and hands Goldie to me, "You two go find something to do. In a few hours, we'll go visit Henry." 

"Okay," I nod. Waving him bye slightly with my free hand before wondering into a different room with Goldie, trying to think of something to do.