"Tracking.."(12)

Vanny's POV-

My eyes have adjusted by now to the darkness of the cell. I don't know how long it's been, but it's been too long. 

I'd like to go home. 

That is all I have wanted to do for the past few weeks. 

Without Afton, there is no point in me staying here, really. And I'm not getting paid to anymore. 

I would still like to complete my job. I was supposed to have completed it long ago. 

I hear shuffling from out side the room, and the door opens, light flooding in. 

I cover my eyes with my hands. 

It's too bright. 

The door shuts and Evan comes inside with a very dim flashlight. 

"Are you human?" He asks, pointing the flashlight near my feet. 

"Why would you need to know?" I scoff. 

The flashlight shakes slightly and he seems to shuffle a bit, before tossing a bag of chips at me, "Figured you would be hungry, if you were."

I watch the chips hit me and fall to the ground, but I don't pick them up. 

"The hell are you feeding me for if you're just going to kill me?" The chips could be poisoned. 

"Dunno. You get last meals on death row, or whatever." He brightens the flashlight slightly, "I never said I was done with you either," 

"I find it unlikely that you aren't going to kill me. You like the human boy, don't you?" I reluctantly pick up the chip bag, I am actually hungry. 

"You are human then," He avoids the question, sits down, and rolls a water bottle at my feet. "I figured as much. There isn't any point in killing you, as of now. You will just become a spirit or demon and be harder to contain." 

"And if I don't eat this, and starve to death?" I do really want to eat it. 

"Before that happens, I'll break your legs and hire someone to tube feed you." I'm pretty sure he shrugs, but it's hard to see him in the lighting. If I can't see social cues, I have no way of telling if he's lying or not. 

I open the bag of chips, "So your going to keep me in here until I die of old age? Also, I think I need to go into the sun to live." 

"Don't worry, we have a nice, tall,  fenced in area outside." Evan sighs. "We'll have to put a tracker in you, for that though, just to be safe."

"That paranoid?" I ask, I can't really tell how he's feeling. 

"Not paranoid. Just not stupid. You work for William, you kill children. I'm sure you could figure out how to jump a large fence. If the tracker thing is too much of an issue for you, I can just buy you a sun lamp and you don't actually have to go outside." He stands up. 

"It's fine. I'll take the tracker." I want out of here. 

"Mhm. I hope you pain tolerance is high. I'm going to have to cut open at the base of you neck, and stitch it shut." I hear the flick of a pocket knife opening. 

"Right now?" I ask. 

"What? Do you need to 'mentally prepare' yourself, or something?" Evan crosses his arms. 

I shake my head, "No. I just didn't think we were going to do that immediately after you asked me."

"Okay," Evan walks over to me. "Take off the mask. I don't care if this hurts. If you move, you will probably die, because I could end up cutting a major vein or messing up your back. Sit down." 

Feels like a lot of pressure and risk just to be able to sit outside in a pin. 

I take off my mask and sit down. 

I've dealt with a fair share of physical and mental pain, but I was not at all ready for what it feels like to have a tracker implanted into the base of my neck.

Cindy's POV-

We made it to the room, a few minutes ago. 

 It looks like one of those expensive hotel rooms that are far too big to be considered a room. And is instead bigger than the house I grew up in. 

Me, Cassidy, and Susie sit on the couch in the living room area, watching Jeremy and Gabriel play Go Fish, while Fritz tries to eat the cards out of their hands. 

Cassidy and I sit beside each other, with Susie laying down with her head in Cassidy's lap while Cassidy untangles her hair with her fingers. 

"Do you guys stay here often?" I ask. Cassidy seemed to know there way around pretty well. 

"Oh, no." Cassidy shakes their head, "None of us come here very often at all. It's more so circumstance." 

"Do you mind me asking what circumstance?" I ask. 

Cassidy stays quiet for a moment while she gets her hand untangled from one of Susie's golden curls. "I am here to collect energy, just like you are."

Susie sits up, "I wanna play Go Fish, too." 

"Jeremy, Gabriel, let Susie play." Cassidy looks between the group. 

"Only if you tell Fritz to stop eating the damn cards!" Jeremy bonks Fritz on the head. 

Cassidy sighs, "Fritz, go eat the bathroom carpet, instead." 

"Really!?" Fritz jumps up and runs to the direction I'm assuming the bathroom is. 

"Ughh.. I don't want to re-deal. You do it." Gabriel pushes the cards in Jeremy's direction. 

Jeremy shakes his head, but picks up the cards anyway and starts shuffling them. 

"Is this all that happens here?" I look at Cassidy. 

"Mostly. I have other stuff to do while I'm here as well." Cassidy shrugs. 

"Ah.. Do I have to stay here when that happens?" I ask. I don't think I'd be able to manage them the same way Cassidy does, if something goes wrong. 

"Do what you want," Cassidy watches Jeremy deal everyone in. "I'm not going to control you. You might be able to come with me for somethings, but I have quite a few things I need to do independently."

"Okay," Me and Cassidy were mostly silent for the rest of the time, as we watched Susie, Jeremy, and Gabriel play the game.