"Fear In Death.."(3)

Elizabeth's POV-

The house seems quieter since William was sent away. 

It does make sense that he would take most of the troubles with him. It feels strange, though. 

Not that I particularly miss him. 

Evan still owes me a favor for lying to dad. Even if it was for the best. I'm not sure what to use it on. I'm waiting until there is something I really need from him, to put it to best use.  

A knock sounds on my door. 

"Hello?" I call out, as Gregory opens the door and peeks his head in.

"Hi." He slowly steps in, "is this your room? This house is like a maze." 

"Yes, why?" I ask. I don't talk to Gregory very often. Even if he's been here, there hasn't been a reason or time for me to. 

"I was walking around and looking for something to do. Evan is visiting the other people." 

"Isn't that like, the third time this week?" I wondering.

Gregory shakes his head, "Forth."

"Geez," I sigh, it's not like Dad is going to suddenly appear back on Earth. "Paranoid much?"

"I don't really blame him. I personally, don't want to die. He's just nervous or scared."

"He's scared of being scared. That's making him paranoid, and soon enough he'll be insane." I state. Gregory seems to be the type of person to try and understand other people, even if he can't. 

"Are you not scared?" Gregory asks.

"No. My dad doesn't bother me, really. You would have the biggest threat, but you will die one day anyway. And the afterlife isn't that bad, usually." I sigh, "time moves differently here. In fact, it doesn't move at all." 

"Can you really blame me for not being ready to die?" Gregory asks, shrugging. 

"I can't. I wasn't ready to die when I died. I'm just saying there is no point in fearing it." I reply. 

It remains quiet for a few moments. 

It's odd how much Evan has been trying to protect and care for Gregory. Evan has never been very protective to many people. And especially not caring. He's usually a bitch. That's not to say I don't care about him, I just never feel any care back. 

That seems to be a common thing for me. No one cares. 

"What do you like to do?" Gregory changes the subject. 

"I enjoy going out and seeing the actual world, sometimes. I usually just stay around here and watch the house. I like stalking and figuring out what's going on."  

"Who do you stalk?" Gregory asks, a little concern showing on his face. 

"Everyone." I shrug and grin. I don't actually stalk people that often, but I still stalk everyone in this household. 

"Oookayy.." Gregory nods slowly. "Oh, yeah. There's a red-head with one of the illusion disk things, and I have seen him wondering the halls for the past two weeks, he keeps saying he needs help but ignores me when I try to talk to him." 

"That's Noah. Just ignore him. He gets lost a lot. I'm pretty sure some of the other nightmares hide around and blind him sometimes when he walks the hallways, just for fun." I explain. I wonder if Michael has wondered why its been a bit quieter around the house. 

"So you stalk people?" Gregory asks. I nod. "That's good actually. Tell me the tea." 

--------------------------------------------------A/N

Sorry for the short chapter after not posting for so long. School ended a few days ago for me, so hopefully I'll become more active here again. I haven't been feeling well at all mentally, either though, so I've been slowing myself down a little bit. The writing will pick up soon again though, and I'm not giving up on this story. I just need a bit of time. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Have a wonderful day/night!