"Sources.."(7)

Evan's POV-

It's too clear for it to be something for me to easily miss. 

At least he's safe, for now. You can never really be sure. 

She'll be here, perhaps looking for William, a way out, or for an opportunity to attack. How did I miss that? She's been here. Why would she leave? 

There's too much space, and too many places to hide. A sanctuary for someone who is running away. Especially with all the energy. A source of power and protection. 

I don't even know my way around the hallways. No one does. Sort of. If you listen for the whispers long enough, they'll guide you. Don't believe them. They're liars. Apparitions created by your mind to misguide you. 

Your own mind is always your worst enemy. 

I stop. Voices, real ones. 

"You don't know where you're going," Definitely Noah.  

A slightly manipulated female voices replies, "Do you? You aren't any better off than I am." 

Found her. 

I don't even have a plan for this. 

I don't know if I should tie her up, or stab her? I don't even know if she's alive or not. I'm going into this situation way too clueless. 

"At least I'm real.." Noah remarks. 

Idea. 

"Noah," I call out, looking around slightly, even though I already know where he is. 

I hear a gasp and Noah runs up to me and starts walking circles around me, "Are you real?" 

"What kind of question is that?" I glare at him. 

"You're real!" Noah hugs me, "There's this bunny following me," 

I push him off of me, "There's no bunny, Noah." I meet Vanny's eyes. 

"That's amazing," Noah glances behind him at Vanny, "Thanks for confirming that.. I could have sworn something is there?" 

"Is everyone in this damn house crazy?" Vanny scoffs. 

"You're going crazy," I say, looking entirely at Vanny when I do. "Do you want out of here? Michael's been looking for you." 

"Please! Can you do that?" Noah looks around, "I've been here forever!"

"I know you can see me," Vanny seems confused by her tone of voice, "What are you playing at?" 

"Mhmm, I can." I nod, and look at Noah. "Now stop talking, before I consider leaving you here." 

I start walking away. 

"Don't do that. Please," Noah follows after me. 

"Stop pretending to ignore me. He's crazy enough that he won't even notice if your talking to me." Vanny follows shortly behind. 

"I'm not crazy." Noah says, "The rabbit keeps calling me crazy." 

"Probably because there is no rabbit," I glance back at them. 

Vanny starts muttering curses under her breath, "I know your planning something." 

"I don't think I like rabbit's very much," Noah sighs. 

"You still haven't stopped talking," I don't really know where the exit is. I don't need it at the moment. "We'll be out of here soon." 

It goes quiet for a few moments, but I can still hear both their footsteps, following. Noah takes a deep breath, "I can't not do that. I really want out of here." 

"I need to make a stop at William's office, first." He would ignore me if I don't use any words that'll appeal to him, "Michael needs some files. After that, we can leave." 

"Okay! Soon," Noah moves a bit quicker to walk beside me. "Files?" 

"Michael is working on repairing the Pizza Plex, and needs the backup blue prints to the building." I drop my pace slightly. 

Noah slows down slightly as well, "That place was pretty,"

"Why are you giving up information so quickly?" Vanny taps my shoulder. 

I glance back at her, "I don't know or care much about it. I'm sure Michael could tell you more about it later."

"Okay," Noah seems a little confused. 

I take a sharp left and enter William's office, Noah and Vanny follow after me. 

"Stay here by the door for a moment, Noah. I know where it is," I say, Noah nods and I open an empty closet in the corner of William's office. 

"Cut the act, seriously." Vanny follows after me. "What are you doing?" 

 "What act?" I open a hidden lock in the back of the closet, "You are simply so insignificant I don't care to pretend you're there."

"This isn't even a file cabinet," Vanny says blankly. 

"No," I agree, opening the large hidden compartment and shoving her inside of the secret room, "It's a jail cell." 

"You little-" Vanny jumps up at the door. 

I quickly shut it and lock it back. 

Problem temporarily solved. 

I'll have to come back to that later, I shut the closet door, and grab and empty file from a nearby file cabinet. 

"Okay, let's get out of here." I leave William's office. 

Noah follows quickly after me, "Yes!"  

I take a deep breath. 

I have some explaining to do to Michael now, but that'll be fine. 

Charlies POV-

"Don't be dramatic," Cassidy shrugs, "He has done some unforgivable things, and he was trying to kill kids, again."

"Did you think outside of this? There are other things that could have been done to restrain him. You're just going to make him angry, and things will get worse."  I sigh.

I would've liked this information around a month ago, before Cassidy and Evan decided to send William to hell. 

"I did. It isn't a bad solution, we both know Afton deserves it, and no more people should have to suffer for his selfish commands. I have no idea how many kids he could have been after, or already got." Cassidy looks at me with slight concern. 

"Stop trying to guilt trip me," I shake my head and look away from Cassidy, "I get that you're angry.. But I really don't want to be involved in any of this." 

"You don't even have to be.. I just need a little bit of some remnant and energy, and we can go back to ignoring each other."  Cassidy says, a little bitterly. 

I cross my arms, "What would you do after this? Say I give you what you need, we go our separate ways, none of what I give you here will last very long. Are you just going to come back to me and ask for more again when that runs out? I'm not an infinite stock of power, Cassidy." 

"I can find another source." Cassidy says blankly, "But I need this, relatively soon at least, if not now." 

"I'll give it to you, but you can't keep this up. Take some times to think some things out. You can't run entirely off of impulse. You try to pull off too many things without thinking anything through, it'll catch up to you eventually and you will start to run out of time to react." I motion for Cassidy to come closer, "Keep that in mind. I'll help you for now, and give you this gift, but be careful."  

Cassidy moves closer. 

How many times can I give gifts before I run out of remnant?