"Death.."(22)

Gregory's POV- 

Everything was black for a moment, but now it's just hot and I feel weird. 

Really weird. 

I think I'm dead. I don't like the thought of that. 

But my headache is gone, but I still feel exhausted, and it's bright here. Wherever here is. 

Charlie is here, too. 

"How are  you feeling?" She asks, looking away from the ground and at me, "Any better?"

"I guess so, yeah.." I look around. There isn't anything here. It's just bright and blank. 

"I'll get you out of here soon, don't worry. I'm just trying to make sure I have enough energy to help both you and Cassidy right now, or if I have to try to wait it out a bit." Charlie smiles slightly. 

"Okay.. Am I dead?" I ask. I'm not sure if I want to know the answer, but I feel like I should know. 

Charlie nods slowly, "I'm afraid so.. It isn't that bad, you'll adapt, it just takes time." 

I look at my hands. They look translucent, and unreal. 

"I think you're a good spirit." Charlie says, "It's hard to tell, because you're really low on energy and remnant right now. I'm a good spirit, myself."

"What does that mean?" I don't know anything about any of this. I was already learning about death and such, slowly, but suddenly I've been thrown directly into this, and now I suppose I'm a part of it. 

"It could mean a lot of different things. We all have our own abilities." Charlie sighs, "For example, I can give and transfer energy to people, as well as sense emotions. While Susie, another good spirit, can generate light and heal people." 

"Hmm," I hum in response. I think I'm too shocked to really understand or process what's happening. 

I'm dead

"It's separated by the process of how to use the ability. Good spirits, like me and Susie, have energy based abilities. They take remnant to actually use them, but emotions, light, healing, all create their own field of energy." Charlie takes a deep breath, continuing. "Spirits themselves, like Gabriel, can't actually do much, but they have enough energy and remnant to remain stable. Vengeful spirits, like Jeremy, mostly mess with phycological things, fear, anger, and so on.. Do you need a moment to process anything?" 

"No, keep going." I lie. I want to know different things that could happen or what I could become. Charlie said she wasn't sure if I really was a good spirit, so I could really be any of these things. 

Charlie nods, "Alright. Corpses, like Michael, are remnant-less, but tend to have a lot of energy. Demonic entities, and fallen angels, like Cassidy, C.C, Fritz, Elizabeth, and so on, have remnant based abilities, and tend to be able to do the most, and could have tons of different abilities. Cassidy with fire, Evan has shadows and illusionary things, Fritz can blow things up, Elizabeth can melt things. Demons tend to have heat based things, but they don't always. Really, it's hard to tell what they could have. Behavior is a big thing, too, but that's more complicated, so I won't get into that right now." 

Charlie pauses. 

"Is that it?" I ask. That is the most information I have gotten about anything in a long time. 

"I believe so, but there may be more. I would be happy to help if you have any questions." 

"You said I should be getting out of here soon. When is soon?" I want to find Evan. I don't know how long I've been here, and I don't want him to worry. 

Charlie thinks for a moment, "Very soon. Cassidy is aright, so as soon as I feel strong enough to give you energy and remnant, I can get you out of here." 

I don't feel any particular way about Cassidy. I think power and energy is very important here. I would have had to die in the near future, anyway, if I wanted to stay with Evan. And I do want to, I really do. 

"That's good," I take a deep breath, and realize I can't really breath. 

Everyone else seems to breath somewhat fine, but maybe they don't. Maybe it's more of an expressional thing then something with actual purpose. 

Charlie laughs slightly, "You'll have to get used to that, too. We can't breath anymore, and there isn't a need to. Once you get more used to this, deep breaths and everything will work fine, you just won't feel much of anything from it."

I thought I already knew a decent amount about all this--and compared to a normal person who doesn't live with and date dead people, I do--but I don't think I know about much of this at all.  

William's POV- 

There it is. 

An opening. 

This feels too easy, and it is. But I can get out of here. 

And I do.