"Time.."(18)

I'm just going to put a bit of a curse warning here.. I know my chapters usually have cursing somewhere, but this chapter has a bit more than others. 
Anyway, enjoy!

Evan's POV- 

Before I'm even entirely aware of what's happening, I'm almost at Cassidy's room door, with Charlie following closely behind me. 

Oddly enough, I don't have a plan, for anything I'm doing right now, which feels a little stupid. Even if Cassidy is weaker than me remnant wise, they can do so much more physically, while almost everything I can do is illusionary. 

"Evan, slow down." Charlie rushes up next to me. "I don't know you well, I get that, but I know Cassidy, and I can tell you fighting them won't do anything." 

"I'm aware, but it's Cassidy, so we will probably end up fighting." I sigh. 

Right as we get to the door, Cassidy steps out of the room. 

"Cassidy," I go up to them. I'm not going to do anything irrational unless necessary. 

I know what Cassidy has said, about certain things, remnant and such, but Cassidy isn't reliable. Demons tend to be stronger than other entities. And fire, Cassidy has fire. 

Cassidy moves away from the door, "What?" 

"Drop the possession." I already know there is no point in slowly getting to the main topic, because Cassidy doesn't have the patience, and I'm not sure I have the time. 

"For what?" Cassidy looks at me weirdly, like their trying to decipher something, "He's the largest power source in this house, is he not?" Cassidy smiles slightly, "Don't tell me you have a soft spot for the human?" 

"I'm not discussing this with you. Just release it." I glare at Cassidy. 

Cassidy glares back, "So you do. What of it, anyway? The process is close to completion, and his energy is so high, probably from spending too much time with the dead. "

"There are plenty of other kids who spend too much time with the dead." I take a deep breathe, "Teens are really into that shit, you could probably find another about anywhere." 

"I don't see your point. You could too." Cassidy laughs slightly, "But you're keeping him for leisure, aren't you? As some kind of treasure?" 

"What's your purpose in making this difficult?" I cross my arms. 

"I don't have all that much energy to go back, much less to start over." Cassidy shrugs. 

"Then I'll give you energy, for fucks sake. Just stop." I scoff. 

"Oh? And how the fuck do you plan to do that?" Cassidy takes a shaky breath, "Have you actually been able to do that the whole time, and have been a liar, or are you expecting to figure out a solution later on? Really, Evan, what is your plan?" 

Cassidy's finger tips get bright orange, and flakey, charring at the knuckles and dropping embers to the floor. 

"Well-" I try to explain, Cassidy cuts me off. 

 "I don't mean one of your goddamn rants with ideas with the possibility to work, I want an actual fucking plan. I don't think you have a single damn idea what your doing right now, honestly. I've hardly heard shit about everything that's been happening over the last month here, and with you, because your a lying bitch! Even with your visits to the old location, I haven't heard a single. Damn. Thing. That has been going on here! And maybe this it it, and your just hiding with some new-found boyfriend. Frankly, Evan, you can't hide forever. This life is fucked, and you have a decision to make: William or Gregory? Because I'm losing too much power to last so much longer, holding this Hell, and it's up to you, because if William gets out, while I'm in the process of finding a new person to possess. So, what is it?"

The fire spreads up Cassidy's arms and to their elbows. 

I take a deep breath, "Gregory," 

"Oh, great, of course. Let's drop this for a boy you just met a few months ago." Cassidy rolls their eyes, "I hope you really do have an idea for that fucking energy transfer."

Charlie goes over to Charlie and places a hand on Charlies back, keeping herself distanced from Cassidy's arms. 

I nod, "I do." 

"Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll be waiting for that. I can release, but I need time." The fire on Cassidy's arm drops to their hands, leaving charred and ashy skin in it's place. "To calm the hell down and figure out how to release a possession when I'm this far into it." 

"We don't have that much time," I watch Cassidy start to head down the hallway, with Charlie at their heels. 

 "That fucking sucks, doesn't it?" Cassidy continues walking, "Were going to the roof, to try and get this over with."

"It really fucking does," I mumble as Cassidy walks off. 

Time is ticking.